Quality Reliability Director
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Quality & Reliability Director Summary:
- The Quality & Reliability Director will be responsible for Quality and Product Reliability throughout the product lifecycle. The role includes overall responsibility for the entire Quality Management System, from designing quality processes to setting and delivering to quality targets. The position reports to the Global Head of Quality and Reliability.Quality & Reliability Director Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the end to end quality system and performance for the America’s region throughout the product life cycle, from design, manufacturing, launch, supply chain to field issue resolution and warranty.
- Champion proactive actions and a quality mindset, understanding potential weak or escape points in the quality management systems, lead quality performance review, cycles of learning and systematic continuous improvement activities.
- Administer and maintain quality assurance procedures to ensure processes and products are in compliance with applicable quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for meeting Business and Customer Quality objectives (number of incidents, internal and external PPM, issue resolution cycle time, Cost of Quality, …) and maintaining/improving customer satisfaction level.
- Provide clear and effective leadership to the organization, to customers, and to suppliers, in the resolution of critical and complex quality issues, driving a robust quality-oriented problem-solving mindset.
- Ensure closed-loop systemic root cause corrective actions are implemented following quality issues, including improvements in design, manufacturing, processes and systems.
- Own and drive Customer’s Quality issue resolution as well as any field actions.
- Lead manufacturing site assessments focused on key processes critical to business and customer success.
- Work as a team with Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Customers teams to support and accomplish company objectives in conformance with all appropriate certification and quality standards.
- Recruit, retain, manage performance and develop high potential talent.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of proven experience in leadership roles in automotive quality.
- 15+ years of proven experience working in automotive and/or manufacturing organizations.
- Must have automotive product experience deploying/managing IAFT 16949, preferably VDA standards.
- Should have strong shop floor experience (manufacturing/operations), hands-on & practical application.
- Proven knowledge and passion for product quality and delighting customers.
- Experience in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including development, launch, production, aftermarket and warranty.
- Demonstrated expertise in systematic problem solving and the application of industry recognized problem-solving methodologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to gain cross-functional buy-in on quality initiatives in an environment of conflicting priorities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- 50% travel estimated; with extensive travel to Mexico manufacturing operations.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Detroit , Quality Reliability Director, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!