IT Project Manager (Gsuite)
Company: Synergy Computer Solutions
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Role: IT Project Manager (Gsuite) Location: Auburn Hills, MI Type:
Contract Job Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will provide both strategic and tactical
project management leadership for End User Services teams. The
incumbent will be assigned to multiple, simultaneous, complex and
sometimes multi-year development projects and will be responsible
for delivering all PM assets throughout the entire project
lifecycle (intake to closeout).
- The Project Manager must have the ability to run the project
management activities of designated projects on a day-to-day basis
working with technical staff, development team management, business
stakeholders, IT operations, and 3rd party vendors all of which may
be across regions. In addition, this role is responsible for
coaching and mentoring both IT and business teams on practical
project management methodologies, assets and value for projects in
which no formal project manager will be assigned.
- The Project Manager is expected to assess project complexity,
level of visibility and funding requirements and use the
information to influence key SDLC decisions (prioritization,
business case development through approval process, and development
& testing methodology) to deliver the best solution. Specific
- Manage approved projects to objectives, scope, timing and
budget; utilizing approved PM tools and templates.
- Currently 3 keys projects will be assigned. GSuite
Implementation, Global PC Bid and G Suite Post Launch Support
- Collaborate with leaders to develop sound business cases for
strategic priorities and initiatives, including cost and benefit
analysis. Where required, support leaders in presenting to
Management for approval.
- Possess a leadership presence and client-relationship
- Communicate project status effectively with all stakeholders
(internal and external) including budget, timeline, risks, change
controls and blocks in the overall progress through formal
- Communicate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to
ensure successful project execution, workflow and project
- Ability to hold peers accountable for their deliverables and
- Proactively and effectively manage project risk.
- Perform peer audit and evaluation of project assets.
- Lead RFQ/RFP/RFI process for projects as required working
closely across Business, IT and Purchasing teams to drive effective
selection of delivery and solution partners.
- Provide leadership in Project Management best practices while
continuing to be highly customer focused.
- Monitor the effectiveness of PM tools and make improvement
recommendations to the procedures, standards, framework, templates
and metrics for the organization through a Community of
- Maintain relationships and communicate lessons learned
effectively with peers, partner PMO s and Communities of
- May manage contract resources brought in to execute project
management activities. Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related area and 3+ years of
experience in the field or in a related area. Must have program
management work experience.
- 5+ years of formal project management experience, earned
managing large-scale, cross-functional, technical and business
- 2+ years project management experience in a technology
- Able to use Google G Suite Tools and Able to use Microsoft
Office tools including Experience using MS Project.
- Demonstrate strong skills in finance, cross-cultural awareness,
leadership, communication, influence, negotiation, and conflict
- Demonstrate excellent ability to build credibility, establish
rapport, and maintain communication with customers at multiple
levels, including those external to the organization.
- Expertise in a variety of applications and software
methodologies and have experience in system life cycle.
- Core competencies in issue management, risk management,
financial tracking, tracking dependencies and milestones,
negotiating, business stakeholder engagement, disciplined change
management processes and leadership.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
with an ability to interact with all levels of the organization in
a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and life
cycles in collaboration with the project management life
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to maintain continuous alignment of project scope with
business, schedule, technical and financial objectives.
- Ability to make recommendations to modify program in ways that
maximize effectiveness and success.
- Ability to lead by example; mentor new project managers and/or
contractors on established processes effectively and
- Experience defining principles and standards to harmonize
project management methodologies from third party or external
- Able to quickly come up to speed on a large and complex project
and be able to grow rapidly into the program manager role for a
- A consultative team player that can assess conflicting view
points and opinions but has an ability to rationally assess
alternatives and clearly articulate recommendations to
- Always seeking to learn new concepts. Preferred Qualifications:
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Exposure to IT portfolio planning, reporting, prioritization,
governance and budget.
- Exposure to Agile, SCRUM, Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of End User Computing Environment
- Knowledge of PC Configurations
- Knowledge of Service Now IT Service Management Software
- Exposure to project management for automotive/engineering.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- May be required to drive a company car. A valid driver s
license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically up to 0%. How to Apply:
Apply directly or send your resume for consideration to Tamika
Mareno: (connect with me on LinkedIn:
Computer Solutions, Inc., ( Synergy ) is a certified Minority
Business Enterprise providing expertise in information technology
consulting, outsourced solutions, and strategic staffing. Since
1995, Synergy has been providing quality professional services to
address diverse business challenges facing organizations throughout
the United States and across the globe. JOIN OUR TEAM: - provided
Keywords: Synergy Computer Solutions, Detroit , IT Project Manager (Gsuite), Executive , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!