Posted on: November 11, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY:Pregis LLC is a leading provider of innovative
protective packaging materials and systems. We are headquartered in
Chicago and operate multiple North American manufacturing and
warehousing facilities devoted to protective packaging solutions.
Our exceptional team of packaging professionals are trained to help
customers select the right protective packaging solutions for
specific application requirements. Our products and systems can be
found in virtually every consumer and industrial segment and are
supported by a comprehensive sale, customer service, technical
service and distribution network. Pregis' customer roster includes
everyone from well-known brands to emerging start-ups. At Pregis,
we believe in continued investment in protective packaging
innovation to develop solutions that help meet or exceed customer's
expectations. We take a consultative approach to every project they
undertake so we can help our customers understand financial impact,
as well as performance deliverables.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: The materials manager will be responsible
for the procurement, scheduling, inventory control, shipping and
receiving functions. The individual will ensure that all material
is received on time (before their scheduled run date), all
materials are inventoried accurately and scheduled in the best
sequence to meet customer's dates and ship their order on time. The
materials manager will also help drive the plants KPI's along with
our SQDIP daily behavior. JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set the tone for department culture, with emphasis on Safety,
Quality, Profitability and people development. Model the right
behavior though actions.
- Attract, retain, develop and mentor key talent within the
- Lead and mentor Shipping, Warehousing, Purchasing, and
Scheduling team to high performance and professional growth.
- Ensure 5S program is implemented and maintained within
warehouse and shipping areas
- Participate in WIN meetings and ensure timely and accurate
communication of information relevant to department
- Oversee production planning and scheduling programs to meet
sales forecasts and balance level of manpower and equipment/machine
requirements while minimizing excess material carrying and overhead
- Ensure all material and inventory tasks are completed in a
timely and safe manner.
- Train and develop team leveraging Pregis best practices. Safety
- Keep Safety in the forefront of the team's thinking and
approach to work.
- Ensure STOP/SafeStart/Standup for Safety programs are in place
and used to achieve safety goals. Quality
- Manage investigations and resolve problems from material
shortages, damage, or overages
- Review CCI's and determine root causes. Ensure root causes are
addressed. Customer Focus
- Ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained to achieve
on-time deliveries and meet customer requirements while minimizing
carrying and transportation costs.
- Manage setup and maintenance of internal stocking
- Financial Management
- Understand Plant P&L and main drivers to financial
performance. Work with finance, sales, customer service and
operations teams to develop and drive programs that improve
- Manage cycle count program and physical inventory events.
- Manage and resolve slow moving / inactive inventory and develop
plans to avoid write-downs
- Manage / Monitor labor utilization and overtime in shipping and
warehouse areas and take quick action to correct excessive labor
costs. Reporting & Compliance Maintain KPI reporting. Essentials
- Manage and ensure employees are compliant with attendance,
vacation, FMLA, vacation coverage, and labor time clocks; provide
- Conduct PMPs with Supervisors and help coordinate new employee
- Manage DayForce activities, approve labor and vacations for
employees in a timely manner
- Manage company's risks and liabilities while conducting
disciplinary action. Other duties as assigned JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education / Experience: Minimum level of education and experience
- BS/BA in logistics or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Purchasing / Materials
Management / Supply Chain. Skills & Training: Specific skills,
training or certifications needed.
- Previous supervisory/management experience.
- Strong project management & performance measurement
- Knowledge of overall Supply Chain planning process.
- Strong materials knowledge, preferably in a packaging
- Exception written, verbal, public speaking and communication
- Able to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics
that support decision-making for resource allocation
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word,
Keywords: Pregis, Detroit , Materials Manager, Executive , Marysville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!