Admissions Registered Nurse
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.Position
SummaryThe Admissions Registered Nurse is responsible for modeling
the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and
for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of
success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the
Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working
relationships within the company, among all departments, and all
external stakeholders. The Admissions Registered Nurse presents
Hospice services and benefits to patients/family and completes the
admission process. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and
regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other
certified agencies. Position Specific Responsibilities
- Explains hospice services and benefits to patients, family
members and significant others.
- Obtains signatures on all required forms, provides copies to
- Assesses patient's eligibility and admits to service, as
- Initiates initial plan of care with authorization of the
attending physician and hospice medical director.
- Ensures all patient's initial needs are met, i.e., pain/symptom
management, DME, meds, supplies, services.
- Collaborates with IDT members regarding initial plan of care,
patient's condition and other essential information.
- Ensures all forms are completed, dated and signed and turns in
to Admission Coordinator.
- Contacts long-term care staff, hospital staff, and physicians
to promote hospice services.
- Maintains a relationship with all referral sources to make sure
we are meeting their needs, as well as those of the patients,
families, and support staff.
- Provides back-up support for Hospice Care Consultant.
- Documents marketing contacts, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education and/or Experience
- Licensed Nurse in the state of employment.
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse
or two years clinical in hospice. Skills
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. There will be possible
exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical
caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually
quiet.At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity,
equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We
are committed to creating a fair work environment where our
colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Compassus, Detroit , Admissions Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!