Health Information Coordinator / Scheduler
Company: ST CROIX HOSPICE LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Plymouth - Plymouth, MI
The HIM / Scheduler has primary responsibility and accountability
for scheduling of all disciplines on the electronic software
system, maintaining accurate patient records for billing purposes,
supply inventory, oversight of the site's HIPAA compliance, and
other related clerical duties, and backup telephone
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Completes requested schedule task in HCHB according to St Croix
Hospice scheduling guidelines and caregiver optimization
2. Has the responsibility for scheduling all field staff and
communicating with staff, patients, and physicians to maintain
proper care coordination and continuity of care.
3. Completes requested schedules for all add-ons and applicable
orders as follows
Schedules discharge visits / OASIS collection, or recert visit
following care conference when task appears on screen.
Reschedules declined or missed (if appropriate) visits
Process reassigned and rescheduled visits
Ensures supervisory visits are scheduled according to St Croix
4. Manages schedules for all patients. Edits schedule for staff
absence, ensuring patients are informed and reassigned timely.
5. Communicates all schedule changes to the Clinical Supervisor and
staff member affected by the change.
6. Works on scheduling by geographic areas. Utilizes the maps
provided in R2 to ensure field staff are in close proximity to all
of their patients. Run the unmapped address report weekly.
7. Address missed visits, especially therapy visits. Reschedule the
missed visits whenever possible.
8. Maintains on call notebook according to on call procedure.
9. Maintains the client hospitalization log, including entering
coordination notes three times weekly in HCHB, and sending
electronic log to area manager.
10. Runs all scheduling reports.
11. Prepares monthly and weekly schedules. Performs initial review
of weekly schedule for productivity / geographic issues and
forwards to DPS for approval prior to distribution to staff.
12. Assists with internal transfer of patient between branch
13. Files all elements of patient records on a daily basis.
14. Date stamps all clinical notes on a daily basis.
15. Receives and routes daily incoming mail.
16. Prepares daily outgoing mail.
17. Maintains current log of interim orders and plans of care
(POCs) to verify mail and return date to comply with state and
18. Responsible for managing and enforcing information security
directive mandated by the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA)
19. Perform ongoing information risk assessments and audits to
ensure the information systems are adequately protected and meet
HIPAA certification requirements.
20. Lead information security awareness and training initiatives as
directed by the Director of Information Services to educate
workforce about information risks.
21. Maintains adequate inventory of medical supplies/items needed
to provide appropriate patient care, notifies the supervisor when
inventory needs to be restocked.
22. Maintains adequate supply of patient's clinical record elements
and stock of pre-made clinical records available for
23. Answers telephone lines promptly and efficiently. Responds to
message content appropriately, as instructed by the director.
Records telephone calls onto Call Log.
24. Processes travel and expense vouchers for the organization.
25. Processes new patient referral information into the computer
system on a timely basis.
26. Tracks verification for all skilled services.
27. Coordinates and verifies clinical documentation for input,
i.e., 485-486 forms (Admission through Discharge).
28. Special projects and other related duties as assigned by
Director of Patient Services.
29. Printing out various reports for the management staff.
30. Printing, Filing and sending physician orders
31. Maintaining and tracking orders to ensure timely return or
follow up on orders
32. Printing visit notes and supplying to the clinical staff to
take to facilities.
33. Preparing the Agenda for IDG
34. Setting up IDG conference room prior to IDG
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
We offer amazing benefits including growth opportunities! We have
opportunities both locally and regionally and many of our leaders
have grown from within the company and truly understand how vital
each role is in creating quality care.
The opportunity to work 1-1 with our patients, impacting their life
and their families.
Two medical plan choices
Dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Customized Mental Health Support Program
Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off and paid holidays
401k Retirement Plan with up to 4% employer matching
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Company-paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and
High school graduate or equivalent.
Two (2) years data entry experience. Previous billing and computer
experience, preferably in hospice or similar operation.
Previous health care related billing experience.
Excellent computer and data entry skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Keywords: ST CROIX HOSPICE LLC, Detroit , Health Information Coordinator / Scheduler, Healthcare , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!