Clinical Nurse Preceptor Med Surg Days FT
Company: DMC Receiving Hospital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
**Up to $7,500 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant
experience** DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan's first Level
I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine
and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped
emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn
center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in
the nation. Receiving also offers the state's leading 24/7
hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit's first certified primary
stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC
Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence. Job Description: Under
general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates
nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists
in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising staff development
activities; performs duties of Charge nurse/team leader or Staff
Nurse when needed. 1. Instructs, counsels and monitors the work of
nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to
assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing
policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring
orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans
daily assignments for orientees.
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of
nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations
and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and
revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader
or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business
Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer
service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy,
professionalism and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and
objectives and performs other duties as assigned.
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of
3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS 1. Provides training and
guidance to assigned personnel.
2. Provides functional guidance and training to less skilled
. May act as charge nurse or team leader.
4. May supervise nursing students.
DMC Receiving Hospital
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Receiving Hospital, Detroit , Clinical Nurse Preceptor Med Surg Days FT, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!