Registered Nurse RN Emergency Department - Traveler
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Department: Associate Travel Program - Emergency Room
- Schedule: Multiple shifts available, 36 hours per week
- Hospital: Multiple Ascension acute care hospitals
- Location: Requires travel to various locations more than 50
miles away from primary residenceThis position is a permanent, full
time position made up of travel assignments - not a short term
option or temporary contract.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by
position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
date. Must have compact RN license or state RN license relevant to
travel assignment location prior to start of assignment
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred -Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- One year of RN experience in an acute care setting required
Additional Preferences: -
- One year of recent experience as RN in Emergency Room strongly
- Travelers must be willing to travel 50+ miles from permanent
- Travel positions require travel to multiple locations and could
include assignment selections in: Alabama, Illinois, Florida,
Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee,
Texas and Wisconsin -#travelassignments -
Why Join Our Team
Ascension associates are key to our commitment of transforming
healthcare and providing care to all, especially those most in
need. Join us and help us drive impact through reimagining how we
can deliver a people-centered healthcare experience and creating
the solutions to do it. Explore career opportunities across our
ministry locations and within our corporate headquarters.
-Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health
system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care,
including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities
in 19 states. -Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything
we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back,
volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension
careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your
life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal
opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Department - Traveler, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!