Certified Medical Assistant / CMA - Breast Surgery - Full Time
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500
ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network
is the region's most complete, with connections to leading
hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. -ProMedica
Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast
Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of
our communities. -
Demonstrates exceptional clinical knowledge and judgment as well as
ability to perform technical skills appropriate to the needs of the
practice. Driver of a patient centric care delivery model for high
quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above
the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in
clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and
effectively navigate through multiple information technology
platforms and applications to provide and support best
practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing,
and demonstrating the core values of ProMedica.
- Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually
improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical
support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed
in a self-directed manner.
- Prepares the patient for the visit by gathering base line data
from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining
vitals/office testing. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e.
pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to
clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards
and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety
violations. Determines potential equipment needs for clinician
visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Is skilled in assisting
clinicians with treatments, dressings and other tasks
- Communicates effectively with patients, peers and all members
of the health care team. Listens and responds to verbal and
non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff
- Relates to patients in caring manner. Relates complete and
pertinent information in verbal and written form appropriate to the
ages of patient served. Demonstrates understanding of legal
implications of charting, documents clearly and objectively all
encounters with patients.
- Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates exemplary
clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and
triage patient telephone calls. -Records complete and accurate
messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and
nurses, etc. when appropriate. -
- Acts as a resource/role model by coaching, supporting and
motivating members of the Medical Assistant and Patient Service
Coordinator team. Assists others in completing tasks as
- May be assigned to acts as one of the primary trainers for new
Medical Assistants and office team members. Assists leadership in
developing individualized plans for training and development as
well as competency sign-off.
- May be assigned Lab functions and draws.
- Assists leadership with ordering, maintaining, and monitoring
- Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica's core
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent. -
- Completion of a recognized MA program at an accredited college
or university or possess equivalent experience.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving
outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and
superior patient experience.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work
cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Registration or Certification as a Medical Assistant through
accredited body; or active license from applicable state as an LPN
- BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA
at time of employment
- Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to move about the practice/department and between
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal),
communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast paced
- Must be able to occasionally push or lift medium to heavy
equipment, supplies and patients.
ProMedica -is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - -For more
information, please visit -www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Detroit , Certified Medical Assistant / CMA - Breast Surgery - Full Time, Healthcare , Ida, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!