Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Sign-on bonus: $10,000.00
- Department: Alcohol Dependency
- Schedule: Midnights, Monday - Friday, 11pm-7:30am with rotating
weekends and holidays
- Hospital: Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery
- Location: Brighton, MIBenefitsPaid time off (PTO)Various health
insurance options & wellness plansRetirement benefits including
employer match plansLong-term & short-term disabilityEmployee
assistance programs (EAP)Parental leave & adoption
assistanceTuition reimbursementWays to give back to your
community*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary
by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.ResponsibilitiesProvide direct nursing
care to substance abuse patients in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Use critical thinking skills and problem solving ability on a
routine bases to facilitate safe and efficient operations for the
patient care experience.
- Identify and prioritize individualized needs based on
- Initiate and implement a written plan of care by
developing/choosing standards of care, defining interventions and
developing patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with other caregivers to plan for appropriate
discharge or transfer to appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate patient s care to assure procedures, treatments,
transfers, and/or referrals are completed in a timely manner,
encompassing standards of clinical nursing practice and Brighton
- Consistently perform nursing skills according to standards of
clinical nursing practice, commencing with the assign unit and per
Brighton Hospital policy and procedures.
- Guide Unit Techs in provision of care for assigned
- Orientate and/or train new personnel as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, department QI activities, peer
review and voluntary committees.
- Comply with all infection control and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:.
- Ability to successfully pass medication competency examination
and department specific competencies during orientation
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with
physicians, other PHMC associates, patients and families.
- Knowledgeable of the JCAHO standards as they apply to the
ambulatory network.RequirementsLicensure / Certification /
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days
of employment and maintain current certification thereafter
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American
Heart Association (AHA) required within 120 days of hire/transfer
- Associates degree in Nursing required.Work Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience as a BSN, RN or LPN
preferred.Additional PreferencesNo additional preferences.Why Join
Our TeamAscension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300
related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000
compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a
team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care
which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve
throughout Michigan.Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based
national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600
sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior
living communities in 19 states.Our Mission, Vision and Values
encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is
empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in
their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are
opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people
around you.Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerAscension will
provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and
applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identification or expression, age, disability, marital status,
amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally
protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. For further information,
view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.E-Verify
Keywords: Ascension Health, Detroit , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!