Respiratory Therapist Reg - RT
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Wayne - Full time .9, midnight shift, $10,000 sign on bonus.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists patients of all ages with acute and
chronic illness in returning to a productive life style through the
education and the application of various therapeutic modalities.
May perform diagnostic testing and monitoring through the
application / use of spirometry both at bedside and in conjunction
with physician orders for pulmonary function studies. ESSENTIAL
- Develop patient care plans per established protocols. Perform
and provide chart review, audits and documentation of services
provided. Provide patient and family education.
- Responsible for maintaining patient's airway outside of the OR
including: ventilator management, Arterial Blood Gas
sampling/analysis, CPR & Rapid Response teams, administering &
monitoring the use of oxygen, aerosolized meds, bedside spirometry
and other therapeutic modalities.
- Equipment processing, including high level disinfecting.
- Participates in Physician or collaborative patient rounds.
- Participates in Process Improvement initiatives (Kaizens).
- Performs PFT's and related tests per physician order. Provides
educational opportunity for students, nursing, etc. during routine
- Performs patient assessment to determine appropriateness of
orders. Interacts with physician for follow up / interpretation of
- Orientation/training of new employees and students performing
- Evaluation of equipment. STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS
- Education / Training: Associate of Applied Science degree in
- Work Experience: None required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current State of
Michigan Respiratory Therapist license. NBRC-RRT credential
required. Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare
Providers certification. WORKING CONDITIONS: A. Physical Effort:
Pushing/pulling > 60 pounds. Lifting > 60 pounds. B. Work
Environment: Inpatient and Outpatient hospital setting. Exposed to
hazardous substances, infectious diseases and oxygen enriched
environment. Temperature and noise of the environment may vary. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer Beaumont Health grants equal
employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion,
genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Detroit , Respiratory Therapist Reg - RT, Healthcare , Wayne, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...