Registered Nurse DMC Urology Midtown
Company: Staff VHS Physicians of Michigan
Posted on: September 20, 2023
$5000 Sign on Bonus
General Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient
triage and education, assisting physicians during office hours and
follow-up on prescriptions, procedures and tests. Maintain chart
documentation to ensure all information about visit is completed
and documented correctly.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy
Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program
by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed
in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that
affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and treatment plan
by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication
listing, and determining chief complaint. Provide Physicians with
assessments of patient condition.
- Performs tests as directed by physician.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Draws lab specimens and prepares them for lab transport,
including completion of lab forms and/or computer entry.
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous injections.
- Assists with patient teaching and instructions.
- Triages patients to determine which are emergencies and
provides immediate support if deemed necessary. Notifies provider
of medical emergencies.
- Assist in the development and documentation of patient care
protocols and procedures and patient education materials.
- Compile and analyze variety of medical, statistical, and
operational data and prepare reports for outcomes measurement and
- Review treatment forms to verify data required to maximize
reimbursement has been identified. Route relevant information from
patient to appropriate department personnel.
- Ensure information is appropriately entered into Electronic
Education: High school diploma/GED and completion of an accredited
Certification: Current State RN nursing license. Current CPR/BLS
Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience
working in a physician office/healthcare setting
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local
laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable
law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or
obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to
your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination
requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in
accordance with the law.
#LI-MS32305030155Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Staff VHS Physicians of Michigan, Detroit , Registered Nurse DMC Urology Midtown, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!