GRADUATE REGISTERED NURSE Sinai-Grace Hospital
Company: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC's largest hospital, offering a
comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency
medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services.
Sinai-Grace's joint replacement program features a revolutionary
minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts
patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than
21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout
Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation
to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set
the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians
throughout the nation.
DMC is hiring Graduate Nurses for ALL facilities and ALL
We're "Better Together" with you on our team!
The Graduate Nurse (GN) is a member of the patient care delivery
team. Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the GN engages
in patient care activities, which include patient/family education,
for a group of patients and their families through communication
and collaboration with all team members, ancillary services and
It is recognized that specific patient care tasks may vary widely
in type and frequency from unit to unit or across service lines,
based on the nature of the patient population being served.
Therefore, individual units or service lines may appropriately add
to or delete from the duties defined in the Graduate Nurse job
description when approved by nursing administration.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure
consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee
relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and
commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous
improvement; team work; the mission, vision and values of the DMC;
and adheres to the DMC Customer Service Standards.*
2. Under the supervision of a registered nurse, coordinates patient
care activities, including patient/family education, for an
assigned group of patients and assumes the role of care coordinator
for uncomplicated patients; utilizes available clinical pathways
and protocols; incorporates discharge planning into the care plan
at the time of admission; evaluates variance and progress towards
goals; modifies plans to achieve desired patient outcomes.
Facilitates and manages patients care activities involving other
departments to assure efficiency, minimize delays and optimize
patient outcomes. Participates in cost containment efforts.*
3. Under the supervision of a registered nurse, provides direct
patient care as determined by patient, family and unit needs
- Determining patient and family needs; identifying goals with
patient and family; developing and implementing plan to meet those
goals; practicing culturally sensitive and competent patient and
family centered care.
- Following through to ensure that physician orders are executed
according to plan.
- Documenting and communicating patient response to care and
treatment; monitoring appropriate laboratory values for therapeutic
ranges of medications; and assessing side effects and response to
- Participating in identifying quality improvement opportunities in
response to patient, family, visitor and physician feed back.
- Promoting Patient, family, employee, visitor and unit safety.
- Identifying learning needs of patients and families regarding
present health status, ongoing health care needs and home care
requirements if necessary; initiating and coordinating
interdisciplinary teaching and discharge planning; and providing
instruction for patient and family upon discharge regarding
treatment, follow-up care plans, medications, etc.*
4. Under the supervision of a registered nurse, collaborates with
physicians, care management specialists and other health care
providers in carrying out the nursing process by:
- Contacting and interacting with care management specialists and
continuum care management specialists as determined by patient
assessment for risk factors and referral mechanisms.
- Seeking input from other caregivers in the development,
implementation and evaluation of the plan of care.*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited
to those marked with an asterisk.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN
2. Must have temporary authorization to practice as a graduate
nurse under the direct supervision of a registered nurse as
required by law, regulation in state of practice, or policy.
3. Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse by the state
of Michigan within 90 days of hire. If license is not obtained
within 90 days of hire, classification will be changed to Nurse
Associate (5NA41) or employee may be terminated.
1. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex
environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and deal with
stresses associated with a patient care environment such as
emergencies, time, pressures, varying patient
2. Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work
3. Exhibits appropriate clinical judgment and analytical skills to
provide comprehensive care and the subsequent formulation and
documentation of care plans.
4. Demonstrates appropriate reading, writing and comprehension
skills in order to understand, effectively communicate and
contribute to procedures, processes, orders, methods and
5. A high level of interpersonal and verbal skill and team work
commitment to effectively function as a team member in support of
all services delivered on the patient unit and effectively
communicate with patients, their families, other hospital personnel
to address customer needs.
6. Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to
the work environment as evidenced through behavior and
7. Ability to change job related practices, priorities or
procedures and reschedule these activities in response to changing
8. Requires physical ability and visual/manual dexterity to
move/transport patients and supplies, insert needles and catheters,
prepare medications and provide emergency CPR maneuvers.
9. Mathematical ability to perform calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division.
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
2305000418Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit , GRADUATE REGISTERED NURSE Sinai-Grace Hospital, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!