Clinical Coordinator SCI FT Days Sign on Bonus available
Company: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Posted on: February 9, 2024
**Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on relevant
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation's
largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and
research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord
injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic
injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury
Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury
System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems
of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31
outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in
sports medicine and orthopedics.
In addition to the staff nurse role, assumes shift responsibilities
for the care delivery team. Assists in coordinating the provision
of care through assigning and scheduling staff, as well as
prioritizing, delegating and evaluating patient care. Assists in
evaluating patient care provided by nursing staff. Assists in
Process Improvement activities. Works with the interdisciplinary
team to problem-solve system and unit-based issues. Provides input
into nursing staff performance appraisals. Assists with Staff
Educational requirements as needed. Participates in activities
pertinent to the unit and hospital Demonstrates own commitment to
personal and professional goals. The Clinical Coordinator will
supplement staffing under direction of Administrative Director
and/or Clinical Manager.
The Clinical Care Coordinator takes an abbreviated patient care
assignment in order to assure the leadership responsibilities are
1. Functions as lead and resource person for nursing personnel.
Acts as a clinical resource person and assists clinical manager in
planning and facilitating staff meetings and staff development.
2. Collaborates with manager in prospective monitoring of the
schedule to assure adequate nurse-patient ratio on a given shift.
Reviews monthly schedule, communicating with staffing office
regarding staffing changes.
3. Facilitates shared decision making among staff. Facilitates unit
throughput on given shift to improve LOS (Length of Stay).
4. Coordinates/provides in-service programs to assist staff to
maintain or enhance their competence in fulfilling job
responsibilities based on identified needs of patient care
5. May assist manager with interview, selection, retention,
mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
6. Participates in development of policies, procedures and
standards for the department.
7. Assists with department Process Improvement and Peer Review.
1. Associates Degree/Diploma required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of
3. One to two years of progressively more responsible experience
with evidence of increasing leadership abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and
5. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance
Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
6. BLS required, ACLS preferred.
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
2406000092Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, Detroit , Clinical Coordinator SCI FT Days Sign on Bonus available, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!