RN / Registered Nurse - Critical Care / ICU Opportunities - Apply Today!
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Are you an experienced ICU nurse, or are looking to expand your
nursing skills? ProMedica is looking to fill RN roles in multiple
Critical Care settings throughout the system. Apply today to learn
more! Available Units / Locations: Toledo Hospital - Adult ICU -
Cardiac ICU - Heart and Vascular ICU - Medical ICU - Neuro ICU -
Surgical ICU Bay Park Hospital - Critical Care Unit Monroe Regional
Hospital - Critical Care Unit Now Offering Sign On Bonus! Available
for Full-Time and Part-Time External candidates with at least 1
year of RN experience Position Summary: The Registered Nurse
assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided
to a group of patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members
in the care as directed by the attending physician and in
collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with
the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals.
Actively participates in the creation of an environment that
fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction.
Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered
care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on
safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes. Scope of
Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals
and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill
derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral,
social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered
Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted
by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they
are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals
accrediting bodies. Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
- Complies with nursing process.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical
situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a
- Performs basic nursing skills competently.
- Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue
- Engages in the changing environment and is open to new
- Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested
or when the need is obvious.
- Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of
the healthcare team including patients.
- Responsible for continued professional growth and development
- Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and
healthcare record. Licensure/Registration/Certification
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR training.
- Specialty certifications as required.
- BSN preferred.
- The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of
continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1
hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio
nurse practice code and rules. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling
equipment. Physical Demands
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations;
and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment.
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling and squatting. Occasional sitting, stairs
and kneeling. ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit
integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio.
For more information, please visit . Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact . Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: Promedica, Detroit , RN / Registered Nurse - Critical Care / ICU Opportunities - Apply Today!, Healthcare , Oregon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!