Registered Nurse Case Manager - Inkster
Company: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Registered Nurse, RN Residential Home Health is a national leader of home care in both Michigan and Illinois and is ranked among the top home health companies in the United States for helping patients live better, recover faster, experience a higher quality of life and remain independent at home. View all of our openings at SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse/Case Manager, under the direction of the Director of Nursing is responsible for promoting the delivery of coordinated, comprehensive care to patients through the activities of assessment, planning and provision of direct nursing care within the policies and standards of the Agency. We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Registered Nurse to cover Wayne/Westland, MI and surrounding area. The Registered Nurse/Case Manager makes the initial patient evaluation visit except in circumstances where the physician has ordered therapy only and the Director of Nursing approves admission by the Therapist. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned caseload of patients to a developed plan of care. Conducts OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, goal focused, care plan for each patient and makes updates in accordance with written orders from the physician.
- Establishes realistic patient/nursing goals and expected outcomes.
- Makes planned home visits to the patient for assessment, instruction, supervision, and provision of nursing treatments according to the Plan of Care.
- Makes referrals to other services as indicated.
- Initiates and maintains continuous contact with the patients physician to report the patients response to home care, any changes in status, or possible need to additional services.
- Prepares and maintains clinical documentation according to Agency policies and acceptable nursing standards.
- Provides instruction/guidelines to home health aides providing health and personal care services, including ongoing supervision and evaluation of the services delivered.
- Coordinates Therapists, Home Health Aides, and others who provide services to each patient to form an interdisciplinary team to ensure consistent and appropriate care.
- Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitation nursing procedures.
- Implements infection control and safety precautions.
- Plans for the patients discharge from service.
- Shares the responsibility of on-call duty for patients in emergency situations, including home visits as required.
- Informs the Nurse Supervisor of patient services provided and needed and any changes in the Plan of Care.
- Participates in orientation, in-service programs, staff meetings, and case conferences.
- Interprets Agency services and policies to patients, families, physicians, community services, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of third-party reimbursement in relation to home health patient benefits.
- Recognizes legal responsibilities involved in patient care, respects patient rights, and property.
- Contacts the Nurse Supervisor to inform him/her of alternate schedule for patient visits during vacation, sick days, or personal days. Reports any schedule change or inability to complete assignment as scheduled.
- Accepts changes/additions to schedule during staffing difficulties when necessary.
- Organizes daily visit schedule to minimize travel time and mileage. Maintains productivity according to work status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet weekly productivity.
- Must work weekend/holiday as required.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing nursing care, ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patients as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety.
- Must be able to use good and sound clinical judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with doctors office, RHH clinical and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
- Must hold, in good standing, a license as a Registered Nurse, issued by the State of Michigan.
- CPR certified.
- Must be empathetic, non-judgmental, tactful, responsible, and organized.
- Must understand the team approach and be a supportive team member. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess an Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse including some medical/surgical experience and/or an acute care or home care setting is preferred. IND123
Keywords: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice, Detroit , Registered Nurse Case Manager - Inkster, Healthcare , Inkster, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!