Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job ID: 266858 Nuclear Medicine Technologist Novi, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Nuclear Medicine Technologist City, State:-- Novi, MI Location:-- Providence Park Novi - 34015 Department:---- Unconsol JV Not For Profit 006 Additional Job Details:----PRN, Rotating, Weekly --- Varies but must be available for weekend rotation coverage About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Summary: The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs nuclear medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation. -- Responsibilities:
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Performs quality control procedures on radiopharmaceuticals prior to administration and upon instrumentation to ensure patient safety.
- Manipulates data generated by diagnostic procedures according to clearly defined procedures to provide physicians with pertinent information.
- Provides effective patient education by explaining procedures and exams to patient, assessing patient needs and providing appropriate patient history for interpretation purposes.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified--Nuclear Medical Tech--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registered by Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board(NMTCB) and/or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists(ARRT). Registry eligible candidates must become registered within 1 year of hire date. Education:
- Graduate of Nuclear Medicine Technologist program or pending graduation from an approved Nuclear Medicinie Technologist program by hire/transfer date required
-- How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Detroit , Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!