Journey Counselor (Healthcare/End of Life Advocate)
Company: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Journey Counselor Residential Hospice is dedicated to providing patients with the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care they need through compassion, comfort and continuity of care. View all of our openings at SUMMARY: To assist in the identification of potential Hospice candidates, conduct patient/caregiver visits to explain the Hospice programs and to facilitate appropriate Residential Palliative and Hospice admissions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Journey and Hospice Candidate Identification, Follow-Up, and Management
- Manage all Journey and Hospice Candidate referrals for assigned area, which may come from a number of sources including, but not limited to:
- Hospice Candidate List in Medilogix
- Website Inquiries
- Telephone Inquiries
- Referrals from other Employees (Home Health, Hospice, Support Staff)
- Review Charts to Determine Eligibility for Program(s)
- Patient history, medical status, prognosis
- Complete appropriate forms and documentation
- Call patients/caregivers to explain and discuss Residential Palliative and Hospice programs
- Conduct patient/caregiver visits to explain and discuss programs
- Receive and complete intake information for hospice referrals
- Obtain informed consent from eligible patients/families that have elected the hospice benefit
- Process appropriate documents including facilitating the receipt of physician orders/certification (as professional license and regulations allow) in collaboration with the Admissions Liaison Nurse, Hospice Intake and the Intake RN.
- Communicate with hospice supervisor regarding status of referral to facilitate admission process
- Performs/collects consents to hospice while onsite with the patient (if appropriate and referral for hospice has been obtained).
- Communicate with appropriate members of the hospice and/or home health team to assist in the transition process
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Residential Hospice Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned by management QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing nursing care, ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patients as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety.
- Must understand the Hospice philosophy.
- Must be able to use good and sound clinical judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with doctors office, RHH clinical and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
- CPR certified.
- Must be empathetic, non-judgmental, tactful, responsible, and organized.
- Must understand the team approach and be a supportive team member. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Prior home healthcare or relative work experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Understanding the Hospice philosophy and or Hospice experience preferred. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have and maintain a valid Michigan Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile. Must have and maintain in good standing professional license, certificate or registration.
Keywords: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice, Detroit , Journey Counselor (Healthcare/End of Life Advocate), Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!