Direct Care Caregiver - Ann Arbor
Company: Homewatch Caregivers of Ann Arbor
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 11, 2018
We have consistent Full-Time hours available for caregivers. Some of our most active caregivers can earn upwards of $40,000.00/year with Over Time.
Homewatch Caregivers of Ann Arbor is a private in-home care company servicing Ann Arbor, Belleville, Ypsilanti, Chelsea, Dexter, and Saline communities. It is our mission to 'preserve dignity, protect independence, and provide peace of mind for our clients and their loved ones. We live by these values and want to hire individuals that do as well.
Duties may include:
- Light housekeeping
- Menu planning, meal preparation
- Laundry and linen change
- Bathing and dressing assistance
- Personal Hygiene and Toileting
- Safety and companionship
- Must be 21 years old,
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- 2 years care-giving experience (Preferred).
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be proficient in English and possess excellent reading and writing skills
- Must have (or willing to obtain) a TB test
- Must have (or willing to obtain) CPR and First Aid certifications
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- Must have a valid driver's license, car insurance, and their own transportation
- Must have a positive attitude, willingness to work, and a desire to help others
- Must have great interpersonal skills, computer skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to react quickly and have excellent problem-solving skills in emergency situations
- Must keep information confidential and readily available, with attention to detail
- Must be able to be on-call up to 4 weekends and 2 holidays per year
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, adhering to established policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week.
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Able to use tools necessary for job.
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewatch Caregivers of Ann Arbor complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Keywords: Homewatch Caregivers of Ann Arbor, Detroit , Direct Care Caregiver - Ann Arbor, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!