Sonography Technologist - Ultrasound
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 267127
Sonography Technologist - Ultrasound
Additional Job Information
Title: Sonography Technologist
City, State: Warren, MI
Location: St John Macomb Hospital -34023
Department: Ultrasound 001
Additional Job Details: PRN, Rotating, Weekly
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The Sonography Technologist performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Provides effective patient education by explaining procedures and exams to patient.
- Accurately and legibly provides preliminary data including patient demographics, history and study findings.
- Assists with training of cardiology fellows/students to develop skills in performance of echo studies.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA
- Registered by or registry eligible with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required. If registry eligible, must obtain within 12 months of hire date OR Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) certification required
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Ultrasound Technology or Vascular Technology or pending graduation from an approved Ultrasound Technology or Vascular Technology program by hire/transfer date required
- 1 year of experience in a hospital setting preferred
How To Apply
We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Detroit , Sonography Technologist - Ultrasound, Healthcare , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!