Medical Assistant /Associate
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Responsibilities*Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families with direct clinic management to result in efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for visits as well as procedures. Additionally other responsibilities: in-basket messaging review and response, medication review, vital signs, injections, EKG's, performing and/or assisting with simple procedures, collecting and processing specimens, cleaning of equipment, stocking rooms and overall maintenance of patient care area. Selected candidate will provide information to patients as directed, manage time appropriately and some administrative duties.Required Qualifications*
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program or equivalent combination of education
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboard
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.Assistant Level:
- 0-1 year of experience.Associate Level:
- 1-3 years of experience.Desired Qualifications*
- Experience with in an Ambulatory Care setting.
- Experience with pediatric patients
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare settingWork Schedule40 hours Monday-Friday with some evening and Saturday rotations.Underfill StatementThis position may be underfilled as a Medical Assistant depending on the qualifications of the selected candidateBackground ScreeningMichigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.Mission StatementMichigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.Application DeadlineJob openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.U-M EEO/AA StatementThe University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Detroit , Medical Assistant /Associate, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!