Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Ambulatory
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - PEDS Ambulatory - Part-Time, Rotating - Employer St John Hospital24 hours/week; 2-3 days, 8-10 hours - flexible schedule required. Day shift, start time varies according to surgical volume, usual start time is 06-07am. Occasional weekends.Unit Description: 11 bed unit specializing in pediatric outpatient surgery including orthopedics, infusion therapy, renal, GI specialties, ENT, endoscopy and general surgery. Unit features a "Sail Thru Surgery", pre-surgical education program. Types of patients cared for may include surgical outpatients, surgical extended stay patients and outpatient procedureWhy Join Employer? Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer St John Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required or must be obtained prior to hire/transfer date.Education:
- Associate Degree
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Associate's Degree required within 4 months from hire/transfer date Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferredWork Experience:
- One year of relevant experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationEmployer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Ambulatory, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!