Speech Language Pathologist - Covenant
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Back to Search Results
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST - COVENANT
* Saginaw, MI
* Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
* Covenant Therapy
* On-Call/Resource - Days - 7am-5pm
* Therapy Services
* Posted: October 5, 2018
Apply Now Save Job Saved
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients Ask for Mary, they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Mary Free Bed at Covenant HealthCare provides inpatient rehabilitation care for patients in the Saginaw and surrounding regions. The Mary Free Bed Speech-Language Pathologist working in this location has the opportunity to receive support from both organizations, and is expected to follow all applicable policies and procedures that apply to our work.
Mary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through Rehabilitation.
Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every Generation
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient s need for speech therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs in accordance with ASHA and SLP scope of practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program s strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
Age and Clinical Specific Competencies:
Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned department. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department s policies and procedures. The therapist shall be responsible to complete a competency based orientation at the time of hire, and all required training and competency assessments annually.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
* Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification or registration and as required by law and regulation.
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Evaluates patient condition.
* Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to Speech Assistants as appropriate.
* Re-evaluates patient s status and effects of treatment. Revises treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and family as appropriate.
* Evaluates patient s need for medical equipment and orders the appropriate equipment as necessary. Evaluates equipment upon delivery and instructs patient, patient s family, and health care workers on its use.
* Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and communicating with patient, family, community support/services, and environmental limitations.
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
* Documents patient s status and progress through initial evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
* Communicates with others to integrate speech language pathology services with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of written records with other interdisciplinary team members to integrate speech language pathology treatment plan.
* Instructs the patient and the family in speech language pathology procedures as part of providing patient and family education including written instructions as necessary.
* Attends various meetings and in-services as designated. (Q,P)
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (Q,S,P)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* M.S. or M.A. in Speech Pathology granted by an accredited university program.
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or is in Clinical Fellowship Year.
* Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet department/program protocol.
* Membership in ASHA.
* Physical Demands: The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients; the ability to constantly sit, occasionally stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and frequently use hands for grasping; to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision); to frequently lift 1-10 pounds, and occasionally lift 11-100+ pounds; to frequently carry 1-10 pounds and occasionally carry 11-35 pounds; to occasionally push anywhere from 1-100 pounds; to occasionally pull up to 35 pounds; to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Serves as clinical instructor for speech pathology students and supervises CFY as needed. Supervises, teaches and evaluates skills of students.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Detroit , Speech Language Pathologist - Covenant, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!