Senior DevOps/Backend Engineer, Endpoint Health
Company: Duo Security
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of
Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered
through the cloud.
Duo's mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born
from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure
place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions
inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring
their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to
analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of
skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider
to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge transforming
the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions
that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that's why
we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Senior DevOps/Backend Engineer on the Endpoint Health team you
will own all production aspects of our Duo desktop application and
backend services. This application helps people throughout the
world keep their computers safe. You'll be working with a team to
build a multi-faceted product with native code on Windows, MacOS,
Linux paired with a Python service infrastructure and React-based
web application. This is a new product initiative with significant
greenfield opportunities. You will help us develop, deploy, and
maintain this service.
We emphasize software craftsmanship and apply it our development
practices. As a Senior Software Engineer you are expected to help
mentor your Duo engineer peers. You will collaborate on technical
direction, review code, and be an owner over the quality of our
Skills you have
- 5+ years of back end web application or native desktop
- You love working with Python, Swift, or C#
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable
- You value automated testing as much as writing expressive clean
- You strive to make security simple to understand and easy to
- You love automation particularly CI/CD
- You are a user of AWS including both high-level (e.g. RDS,
Lambda) and low-level (e.g. EC2, VPC) services
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like
Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring,
alerting, and handling escalations
Even better if...
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS
- You are familiar with asynchronous programming patterns like in
Node, .NET, and Python's asyncio and Twisted
- You have knowledge of network security, encryption,
authentication, and authorization
- You have a solid understanding of security best-practices in
3 Reasons why you should apply
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful
problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best in teams of high-performers who are passionate
about a common goal.
- You revel in the opportunity to do it all; from desktop to web,
to production deployment!
This job may not be for you if
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure
software that is backed by an equally mature approach to
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to
others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can't be done
rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a
product and company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please
apply and let's explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of
inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better
together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of
the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge,
innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest
in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our
reputation and Duo's achievement as well. In recruiting for our
team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential
candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions,
culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression,
nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion,
disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if
you don't meet all 100% of the description or qualifications.
Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Duo Security, Detroit , Senior DevOps/Backend Engineer, Endpoint Health, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!