Advanced Practice Professional (Nurse Practitioner) Saline Health Center
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: July 16, 2019
How to ApplyThis is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 174867 and PAs are directed to
apply to job # 174868
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either
NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.Job SummaryThe
Saline Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to
providing high quality health care services for adults. We are
actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented
individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal
experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and
should be attached as the first page with your resume.Mission
StatementMichigan Medicine improves the health of patients,
populations and communities through excellence in education,
patient care, community service, research and technology
development, and through leadership activities in Michigan,
nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our
Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient
care, education and research that together enhance our contribution
to society.Responsibilities*Under physician supervision, the APP
will be expected to:
- Provide direct patient care, acute/chronic care management, and
care coordination for adult patients in the primary care setting
with minimal supervision.
- Practice the full spectrum for acute and chronic care for
adults, womens health, and family planning, up to date
recommendations of routine immunizations for adults.
- Perform detailed history and physical examinations and develop
appropriate management plans.
- Develop problem-based care plans, prepare orders and prescribe
- Order and interpret diagnostic labs, radiologic studies,
- Perform various diagnostic, therapeutic and minor surgical
procedures including but not limited to: incision/drainage of
abscesses, nevus removal, cryotherapy, aspiration/ injection of
superficial cysts or seromas and skin biopsies, IUD removal.
- Provide typical clinic orthopedic care to patients such as
application/removal of casts or splints.
- Effectively communicate clinical information and follow up
plans to patients.
- Advise and educate patients concerning diet, hygiene,
prevention of disease, risk factor reduction, and other dimensions
- Assist in the appropriate referral of patients to internal and
external resources, including emergency and specialty care.
- Provide at least initial evaluation of primary care related
mental health concerns and, when appropriate, refer to other health
- Respond in a timely manner to nursing concerns/requests.
- Collaborate with other health care providers/clinicians to
coordinate clinical care. Consults with specialists, health care
team members, and patients/families to ensure the delivery of high
quality efficient health care services.
- Maintain accurate and timely patient documentation in
compliance with Michigan Medicine policies and procedures. This
includes telephone care and follow up care.
- Provide timely and effective communication of patient needs to
internal and external care providers.
- Attend conferences and staff meetings.
- Complete regular peer review activities.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Assure patient safety and satisfaction.
- Utilize new improvements and/or technologies that relate to job
- Work effectively with and serve as a clinical resource for
- Integrates evidence-based clinical guidelines, preventive
guidelines, and protocols in their clinical practice.
- Function as a preceptor for medical students.
- Manages and is responsible for EMR in-basket with supervision
- Participate in department and clinic meetings to continually
improve clinic processes.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development
activities including conferences to maintain role competency,
increase professional knowledge, and stay current in the care of
acute and chronic care needs for a broad patient population.
NOTE: This position is also posted for PAs in the Physician
Assistant job family under number 174868Nursing Specific
InfoRequired qualifications must be met by the candidate in order
to be interviewed and considered for the position. Applicants who
have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume
dates of past employment including months and years of service
along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be
combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would
like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse
Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.Nursing Specific InfoEmployment is
contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and
privileging process.Required Qualifications*NP Required
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse
Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
PA Required Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program
accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for
the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor
agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for
Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the
State of Michigan.
NP/PA Required Qualifications
- Must have at least 1 year of NP/PA experience within the last 5
years working in an Ambulatory Care Setting.
- BLS required
- DEA license required within 30 days of hire.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the
credentialing and privileging process.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position the applicant
must have met or will have met all the required qualifications
prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully
considered for this position.Desired Qualifications*
- Experience in ambulatory care electronic medical record
documentation and electronic order entry.
- Ability to complete history and physical examinations; order
appropriate diagnostic studies; synthesize information and make
informed clinical decisions; develop appropriate care plans; and be
responsive to patient and family preferences.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service excellence with
patients, family, staff and physicians.
- The provider must demonstrate a high level of critical thinking
and medical knowledge by using current medical information and
scientific evidence for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and manage a
busy work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across
multiple patient care services and to communicate assertively as a
- Demonstrated ability to carrying out professional
responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles and sensitivity
Work ScheduleHours/Week: 40 per week
Shift: Days-(some non-traditional hours and weekends)
Location: Saline Health CenterUnion AffiliationThis position is
covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M
and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse
Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect
to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of
employment.Background ScreeningMichigan Medicine conducts
background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job
candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a
third party administrator to conduct background screenings.
Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair
Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all
selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff
appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.Contact
InformationIf you have questions regarding this posting or would
like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please
contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183
or e-mail email@example.com. For a current listing of
all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit
www.UMnursing.org.Application DeadlineJob openings are posted for a
minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from
posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period
has ended.U-M EEO/AA StatementThe University of Michigan is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Detroit , Advanced Practice Professional (Nurse Practitioner) Saline Health Center, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!