Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Company: Detroit Salt Company, LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Detroit Salt Company is looking for an Environmental Health &
Safety Manager. The candidate will lead & facilitate the
integration of safety processes, standard operating
procedures/policies, assists in administering programs and training
in compliance with MSHA/OSHA, Federal and State regulations and
standards. Counsel and support operations management and employees
in activities to achieve a safe and healthy working environment,
and to sponsor supervisory/employee-based activities that will
reinforce an efficient/productive safe work culture. Routinely
benchmark best-practices to achieve top standard safety performance
results. This is a hands-on role with significant time spent in all
parts of the operation, observing, monitoring, training and
coaching employees towards safety goals and initiatives.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal
MSHA/OSHA regulatory standards through facilities, supervisor and
- Instruct MSHA new and experienced Miner training to newly
employed employees and contractors.
- Organize and lead MSHA Annual Refresher Training.
- Standard analysis and proposing tactical solutions to achieve a
safe and citation-free work environment.
- Provide education and training to operations supervisory team
and employees - related to key regulatory compliance
- Conducts/supports a regular safety audit to determine safety
hazard/compliance gaps and corrective-action initiatives required
for future-state sustainable performance improvement/effectiveness
standards. This will be the level of guidance required to set a
foundation for evaluating continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective work and communication
relationships within departments, ensuring that efficient day to
day operational decisions can be achieved.
- Support the implementation of changes in safety activities and
operations focus to ensure the achievement of upstream safety
- Assist in the development of performance-based safety
accountability metrics for driving continuous improvement and align
with performance activities/goals.
- Act as department mentor for developing supervisory awareness -
as a point of contact for hazard awareness and driving completion
of corrective-action initiatives.
- Maintain hazard logs for the identification of those
corrective-action issues ensuring a follow-up with area supervisors
- within the timeframes established.
- Lead, promote and actively engage site personnel to ensure a
culture of health, safety and accountability.
- Leads the sites air and water environmental testing,
inspection, and permit required activities.
- Manage site environmental policies, records, and
- Other duties as required towards the development of safety and
environmental oriented solutions. Qualifications
- B.S. Safety Management or related experience in MSHA/OSHA
- 5+ years' experience within a safety environment is
- 3+ years' experience in mining is preferred.
- MSHAinstructor certification; surface and underground
- Must have solid understanding of MSHA/OSHA CFR's and general
- Must be able to work in an underground mining environment.
- Experience in project and risk management, process safety, and
incident investigation preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Power
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with other departments to
establish a seamless and efficient process for information
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and coordinate
multiple simultaneous initiatives.
- Creative problem solver, multitasking, and ability to work in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or
Keywords: Detroit Salt Company, LLC, Detroit , Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Healthcare , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!