Medical Office Assistant Etkin Clinic SOUTHFIELD LOCATION PT Days
Company: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Posted on: November 17, 2019
NOTE: Refer to Medical Office Assistant Scope of Practice addendum,
Under general supervision, and according to established policies
and procedures, performs the duties of a Medical Assistant and
Patient Services Assistant for assigned area. Greets visitors,
registers patients, contacts various insurance providers and
schedules patients according to established guidelines. Assist
physician or physician extender with patient examination by
preparing exam room, taking vital signs, assisting during exam,
1. Greets visitors, answers telephones and directs calls and
visitors to appropriate place or person.
2. Registers patients for outpatient services. Obtains necessary
demographic, insurance and related data according to policies and
3. Contacts various insurance providers to determine benefit levels
and patient co-pays, as needed. Collected and posts payments and
prepares daily deposits for monies received.
4. Pulls and prepares patient charts prior to appointment. Files
notes, prescriptions, face sheets and other documentation in
medical record. Copies and releases medical record information, as
5. Assists physician with patient examinations by preparing exam
room, helping to move or position patients for procedures, handling
6. Takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and
weight. Documents patient's reason for visit and vital signs in
7. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving
non-intravenous injections, venipuncture, performing EKG's,
assisting with stress tests, routine x-rays, PFT's, and other
8. Obtains referrals and schedules patient's appointments or
procedures according to guidelines.
9. Enters, reviews, researches and corrects computerized records of
patient billing information. Provides billing company with
companies of all payments and rejections.
10. Performs various other support duties such as preparing
laboratory slips or statistical data, typing various
correspondence, training new personnel, etc.
11. Follows established policies and procedures to meet minimum
like safety standards of JCAHO/OSHA. Actively participates in all
safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
1. High school diploma or GED. 2. Graduation from a school of
practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. PCA/PCT Program
b. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a
doctor's office or related area performing Medical Assistant
d. EMT program.
e. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or
Patient Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office
clerical (e.g. insurance verification, authorizations, medical
billing, EMR usage) duties in a doctor's office or related
6. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
> 1. Analytical ability necessary to handle patient problems,
review and verify insurance information, research billing problems
and compile data for statistical reports.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with
patients, physicians and other personnel.
3. Some mental/visual strain due to posting of payments, reviewing
insurance information, etc.
4. Technical knowledge of blood pressure techniques.
Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Southfield, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit , Medical Office Assistant Etkin Clinic SOUTHFIELD LOCATION PT Days, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!