Kitchen Support - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal
Company: Mt. Brighton
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for operation and
execution of the dish pit area, dry chemical closet space,
janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker room, employee uniform
area, food receiving and recycle area and back storage room. The
dishwasher is responsible for keeping the dish pit area clean at
all times, ensuring plates, platters, china, chafers, serving
equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked correctly to be
rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and put back in their
right spots when clean. Responsibilities include, but are not
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot
sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock
and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot
and humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right
amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at
all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdown a three compartment
- Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of the machine
and maintain the log.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are
stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of
food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to avoid slips
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after
- Always use personal protective equipment while working - mainly
protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime
the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a
dish area - preferred.
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional
kitchen - preferred.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities -
adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and
a keen eye for detail - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends
and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd
to January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as
requested - required. Work with a team that's passionate about
providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest
family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast
Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins
offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain
biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. Vail Resorts is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Requisition ID 261367
Keywords: Mt. Brighton, Detroit , Kitchen Support - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!