Assembly Supervisor 3rd Shift
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10 th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals. Scope of the Position The Assembly
Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged
in assembling parts and material handling by performing the
following duties. This position is for 3rd Shift.
- Study production schedules, customer orders, work orders and
shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage, staging or other designated work areas.
- Communicate specifications and job orders to workers and assign
- Ensure production materials are placed on appropriate racks,
shelves, bins or in work cells according to pre-determined
sequence, size, type, style, color, etc.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces work rules
and safety regulations.
- Audit work cells for conformance to processes and
- Coordinate distribution of items to production workers or
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance and quality of product.
- Communicate necessary adjustments to work procedures to meet
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Maintain time and production records.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Report machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance
- Ability to perform activities of workers supervised.
- Follow and support company TS 16949 and ISO 14001 policies,
procedures and instructions.
- Daily cycle counts.
- Direct hilo drivers in Yard/Plant floor to adhere to
- Assure that Rad and ILVS are stocked / organized to ensure 1 st
shift start up
- Any other duties as assigned required Qualifications
- Minimum Education - H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in the Automotive
- Leadership ability
- Working knowledge of production control methods
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. Benefits --- Medical, dental,
prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible
spending account--- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company
match--- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation,
continuous learning and development programs and tuition
reimbursement--- Paid holidays and vacation time What do our
employees have to say?"It engages you professionally, and provides
learning opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's
young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just
a job-a great place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Detroit , Assembly Supervisor 3rd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!