Shift Supervisor 1st Shift
Company: Nesco Resource
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Nesco Resource is searching for 2 experienced PRODUCTION SHIFT
SUPERVISORS to work with a great automotive manufacturer in
Pontiac, MI. These are direct placement opportunities on 1st and
2nd shifts. - Primary Role:
- Directly supervises union employees in the Manufacturing
Department. - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requisitions material required to meet production goals.
- Examines items produced to determine if items meet
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers
and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiencies of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Offers ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. -
- 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with PLEX ERP software (preferred).
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to use units of American money and weight measurement,
volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
- Ability to use good judgment. - Physical Demands: Ability to
bend, reach and lift and move up to 10 pounds; continuously sit,
stand or walk; climb up onto and down from ladder; and climb,
balance, stoop and kneel. - Salary: Up to $68,000/year depending on
experience - COVID-19 considerations: Employees are required to
wear the appropriate PPE including but not limited to face masks.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Detroit , Shift Supervisor 1st Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!