205- Sales Associate - Store
Company: Ashley Stewart Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting in the execution
of all operational and merchandising functions that occur within
the store during their assigned shift. They are responsible for
providing excellent customer service to every guest.
II. Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions*
- Drive sales to achieve and exceed personal and store
- Ensure all funds and merchandise are handled according to
Company policy and procedure.
- Assist with scheduling a minimum of 1 grass-root event per
- Effectively manage merchandise.
- Assist with driving Marketing initiatives
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience to all
- Serve as product knowledge expert to educate customers.
- Successfully model the Company values.
- Serve as a role model to all Associates for exceptional
customer service through customer experience.
- Drive PLCC to enhance brand loyalty.
- Assist in merchandising, display maintenance, and visual
changes to enhance the Brand
- Assist in replenishing floor stock
- Ensure the neatness, maintenance and cleanliness of the
- Communicate with Store Manager and Full Time Assistant Manager
on areas of importance.
- Maintain the highest standards in store operations in relation
to the Policy and Procedures manual.
- Effectively manage time for self.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 12 months prior retail experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply retail math principles.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use a POS system.
- High level of initiative and accountability.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the
- Detail oriented; consistently meets deadlines.
Essential Work Requirements
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, bending and
- Stand for periods of 8 10 hours a day.
- Use ladders or other equipment, for the purpose of store and
- Work a flexible schedule to include some holidays, most
weekends and/or late evenings.
- Minimal travel may be required, e.g. district meetings, banking
IV. Interaction; (peer, supervisor, direct reports)
- Daily interaction across all divisions/levels.
V. Organization Chart (reports to)
Any additional information not covered above
Ashley Stewart was founded in 1991. Beginning with the first store
in Brooklyn, New York, the Ashley Stewart brand captured the hearts
and minds of women searching for fashion-forward, well-tailored but
affordable clothing in an easily accessible and welcoming
Today, our customers are able to shop the brand in retail stores
across the United States and on-line through our website,
www.ashleystewart.com. The website has enabled Ashley Stewart to
grow internationally and customers are now able to interact with
fellow customers across many different forms of social media.
Ashley Stewart will continue to deliver fashion forward style and
flattering fit for the trend-savvy, curvy and confident woman.
We believe in a set of core values grounded in fair play, hard
work, teamwork and integrity. We believe that success comes from a
group of people planning and executing in unison each and every
day. We believe that Ashley Stewart exists solely because our
customers trust and believe in what the brand stands for. Ashley
Stewart stands for confidence, self-esteem, sexiness, class, and
sisterhood. Everything we do as a Company is for our customer. Our
customer looks at each and every employee as if she/he is Ashley
Stewart, a trusted confidante and best friend. Ashley Stewart is as
much about a shopping experience, whether it is in the stores or
on-line, as it is about merchandise. Ashley Stewart stands for
confidence and acceptance.
- Essential Functions
A job function should be considered essential if: (1) the position
exists to perform that function, or (2) there are a limited number
of available employees among whom the function can be distributed,
or (3) the function is so highly specialized that the incumbent in
the position was hired for their ability to perform that
For Job Evaluation And Compensation Use Only
Approved Grade: Compensation Approval: Date:
Disclaimer This job description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to
this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
an all-inclusive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply Nowby Jobble
Keywords: Ashley Stewart Inc., Detroit , 205- Sales Associate - Store, Hospitality & Tourism , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!