Retail General Merchandise Clerk
Company: Meijer, Inc.
Location: Allen Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community!
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Paid education assistance
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position will be responsible for delivering remarkable
customer service by providing customers with exceptional product
knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. This entry
level team member position will be exposed to a variety of retail
tasks related to product, customer service and merchandising.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! As we grow,
we're seeking an entry-level team member to join us as a General
Merchandise Clerk who is able to complete a variety of retail tasks
related to product, customer service, pricing, inventory, and
merchandising. You will also collaborate with other team members
and managers on additional tasks as needed. Are you a people
person? Do you want to have a positive impact on your community? If
so, we hope you will join us!
What will you be doing?
* You will build rapport with customers.
* Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact
and body language.
* Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren't
able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team
member who can.
* Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising
* Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
* This position is applicable to the following departments: Health
and Beauty Care, Hardlines, Fashion/Softlines, Pets, Hardware, Card
and Party, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral.
What skills will you use?
* You are detail-oriented and organized.
* Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and
* Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific
* Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when
* You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an
organized and efficient way.
* You work well in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik
and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our
Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them
happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say,
"Meijer starts with me." Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look
for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want
to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for
you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck and a career that
plays an important role in your community.
Keywords: Meijer, Inc., Detroit , Retail General Merchandise Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Allen Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!