Company: Riverview Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionJoin Riverview Health & Rehab Center and work with our
passionate and innovative healthcare team! The Line Cook, under
general direction of the Food and Beverage Director, is responsible
for a variety of tasks relating, but not limited to, safe food and
beverage handling, proper sanitation and proper cooking techniques
for a skilled nursing community in accordance with the policies and
procedures set forth by the Company and state or federal regulation
or law. About Riverview Health & Rehab CenterRiverview's passion is
to combine innovative ideas with compassionate medical care and
state of the art programs to create a place of healing and hope for
those who need rehabilitation and nursing care. Riverview Health
specializes in geriatrics and works closely with hospitals and
physicians to create a collaborative environment of care and
medical expertise for our communities. Our Mission:The mission of
Riverview Health & Rehab Center is to be a premier health and
rehabilitation center by exceeding the expectations of our
Residents, Families of Residents, and Employees.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service is available
for our Residents.
- Responsible for setting up and restocking items in designated
- Ensure that meals provided are nutritious, well-prepared, and
palatable in a timely and consistent manner while adhering to menus
and diet orders.
- Follow recipes, controls, portions, and presentation
specifications as set by the Dietary Manager.
- Track and report food waste.
- Meet Company policies and state and federal regulation
regarding sanitation and safe food handling techniques.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean, safe and orderly
- Maintain strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaning
products and hazardous materials and objects.
- Ensure universal precautions, infection control, isolation,
fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are
- Responsible for responding to Resident needs and reporting
those needs to the Food and Beverage Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned Benefits:
- Daily Pay Option for Hourly Employees!
- Numerous Incentive Programs to Increase Compensation!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Medical (PPO or HMO), Dental,
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees!
- Generous Time Off Package - Earn Time As You Work!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs!
- Should possess a minimum of one (1) year related
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Possess basic cooking skills.
- Must understand how to use a variety of food service equipment,
including knives, pots and pans, ovens and grills, food processors
and slicers. Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, and other physical demands
may be required. The employee is occasionally required to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described above
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Riverview Health &
Rehab Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Decisions
regarding employment will be based solely on the individual's
qualifications as they relate to a particular job vacancy and to
promote an environment of equal employment opportunity. There will
be no regard given to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, handicap or veteran's status or any other protected class as
defined by law. This policy applies to all policies and procedures
relating to recruitment and hiring, benefits, termination, and all
other terms and conditions of employment. Questions or concerns
should be referred to Riverview Health's Director of Human
Keywords: Riverview Health, Detroit , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!