Shipping Receiving Team Lead
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Shipping/Receiving Team Lead
(Automotive)Location: 14.5/ Mound, Sterling Heights, MIShift: 2:00
pm - 10:00 pm, can be kept until 12:00 am depending on production
needs.***Training on Days (8a-4p) for the first two weeks***Pay:
$21.00 / hr (+$0.75 shift premium = $21.75/hr)Job SummaryTo
maintain 100% accuracy to all customer shipments and vendor
receipts. Ensure activities on dock are prioritized based on
expectations.Responsibilities and DutiesMain duties and
- Processes inbound and outbound EDI, including errors and
- Inputs manual Customer orders into QAD.
- Creates and verifies customer ship schedules, distributes as
needed to internal and external teams.
- Maintains Customer Websites (eSupplier Connect, PC Portal II,
SMART, Covisint, GM Supply Power, SPOC, TOMS, Others as
- Attains POD when Customers needs arise.
- Monitors and maintains Customer delivery ratingsShipping &
- Sends accurate and timely ASNs.
- Schedules Customer shipments based on Customer directives and
distributes as needed to internal and external teams.
- Creates line up sheets for Customer shipments.
- Creates accurate shipment paperwork necessary for Customers and
- Others as needed
- Creates labels for shipments per Customer or AGS
- Monitors truck log to ensure compliance with Environmental
- Coordinates with other shipping representatives to ensure
timely call in of trucks.
- Verifies receipt or non-receipt of material when there is a
dispute between the Customer and Supplier.
- Maintains seal control per Customer and AGS requirements.
- Troubleshoots and correct errors on shippers/invoices to ensure
the inventory and billing are correct.
- Creates and processes RMAs.Additional Responsibilities:
- Updates and maintains daily reports from QAD and distributes as
- Monitors and maintain warehouse organization
- Performs cycle counts as scheduled.
- Supports Management with inventory control
- Creates a daily list of what can pack for the Service
- Performs layered audits.
- Additional tasks as required by Management.
- Use safety processes in all work and according to AGS Health &
Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping Policies.Main Duties and
- Understands the policies and procedures for operating a safe
work environment and champions safety on their shift and with their
- The Team Leader must understand and enforce all safety policies
and procedures and allow zero tolerance for unsafe acts.
- The Team Leader must maintain a daily attendance roster and be
able to verify the headcount on their shift and account for their
personnel as requested or required.
- Understands and enforces plant rules and regulations as it
pertains to employee conduct.
- Communicates openly and as necessary with the Production
Supervisor to keep management apprised of any issues during the
shift that pertain to safety or employee conduct.
- Supports all environmental initiatives and directives as it
pertains to production activities.Productivity
- Able to troubleshoot basic line downtime issues as it relates
to the equipment.
- Works with Materials Group to ensure that all materials are
available and line side for a rapid start-up.
- Has a complete understanding of JES for each item.
- Understands the flow of materials to the line and ensures
materials are available line side by working with Fork Lift
- Reports production data as required or requested.
- Prepares the line for the next shift by ensuring it is working
properly, stocked with material and is clean and orderly per 6S
- Displays maturity and self-confidence and commands the respect
of the people on their team.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills. Willing and able to ask
for help as needed.
- Is punctual and demands the same of their team.
- Remains objective as a leader and does not develop personal
friendships with team members which could impact their ability to
perform their job.
- Willing to learn and grow in the job.RequirementsEmployment
- Grade 12
- One-year experience as Shipping Clerk
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Job Type: Full-timeQualifications and Skills
- 3+ Years as a Shipping Clerk or Shipping Coordinator
- Automotive Industry preferred
- GM Experience preferred.BenefitsBenefits
- 2weeks Paid Vacation
- 3 Week after 5 years
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical/Dental/Vision
- Referral Bonuses (up to $6,500)
Keywords: G.Z.Q.S.O., Detroit , Shipping Receiving Team Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!