Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoon
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting
bodies.Full-TimeLevel: MidTravel: NoSuccessProfileWho is the ideal
Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who
are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere,
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health CoverageJob Requirements**$500 SIGN ON BONUS**
-ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the
Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community
hospital with 91 private beds and a professional office building
dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as
well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was
designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider
hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural light.
-Our Environmental Services Technicians are responsible for
executing the daily duties required to establish and maintain a
safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing care environment. -While
executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with
patients, visitors, and clinical and non-clinical staff. Great
customer service and a friendly can-do attitude will ensure your
success. Our techs are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and
safety of patient rooms and common areas throughout the Toledo
Hospital campus within the basic principles of environmental
hygiene and infection prevention. The environmental services
technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality,
is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection
prevention and a positive patient experience.
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and shows appropriate
respect to co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to ensure
problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements. -
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all
EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the
- Demonstrates flexibility with regards to daily work assignment
and assigned tasks.
- May be asked to assist with on-boarding and peer-training of
new Environmental Technicians.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and
verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives,
carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to
communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate
exposure to dust and chemicals.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium
weight equipment furniture, etc. and occasionally move or lift
heavy equipment or furniture.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood. -
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. - -Must be able to
move and/or lift material and damp mops or towels weighing up to 10
lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of
the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma desired/preferred.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST)
and/or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (CSCT)
- Special Skills/ Equipment:
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile
devices for daily job performance activities.
- Ability to read/write English at 6th-9th grade level
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and
candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members
reciprocate in kind. -ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit
integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio.
- For more information, please visit -Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact -Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Detroit , Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoon, Hospitality & Tourism , Oregon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!