Company: Riverview Health
Location: Grosse Pointe
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Join The Rivers of Grosse Pointe and work with our passionate and
innovative healthcare team! The Line Cook, under general direction
of the Food and Beverage Director, is responsible for a variety of
tasks relating, but not limited to, safe food and beverage
handling, proper sanitation and proper cooking techniques for a
skilled nursing community in accordance with the policies and
procedures set forth by the Company and state or federal regulation
or law. About The Rivers of Grosse Pointe The Rivers of Grosse
Pointe's passion is to combine innovative ideas with compassionate
medical care and state of the art programs to create a place of
healing and hope for those who need rehabilitation and nursing
care. The Rivers specializes in geriatrics and works closely with
hospitals and physicians to create a collaborative environment of
care and medical expertise for our communities. Our Mission: The
mission of The Rivers of Grosse Pointe is to be a premier health
and rehabilitation center by exceeding the expectations of our
Residents, Families of Residents, and Employees.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service is available
for our Residents.
- Responsible for setting up and restocking items in designated
- Ensure that meals provided are nutritious, well-prepared, and
palatable in a timely and consistent manner while adhering to menus
and diet orders.
- Follow recipes, controls, portions, and presentation
specifications as set by the Dietary Manager.
- Track and report food waste.
- Meet Company policies and state and federal regulation
regarding sanitation and safe food handling techniques.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean, safe and orderly
- Maintain strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaning
products and hazardous materials and objects.
- Ensure universal precautions, infection control, isolation,
fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are
- Responsible for responding to Resident needs and reporting
those needs to the Food and Beverage Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned Benefits:
- Daily Pay Option for Hourly Employees!
- Numerous Incentive Programs to Increase Compensation!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Medical (PPO or HMO), Dental,
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees!
- Generous Time Off Package - Earn Time As You Work!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs!
- Should possess a minimum of one (1) year related
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Possess basic cooking skills.
- Must understand how to use a variety of food service equipment,
including knives, pots and pans, ovens and grills, food processors
and slicers. Physical Demands While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, and other physical demands
may be required. The employee is occasionally required to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described above
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Rivers of
Grosse Pointe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Decisions regarding employment will be based solely on the
individual's qualifications as they relate to a particular job
vacancy and to promote an environment of equal employment
opportunity. There will be no regard given to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status
or any other protected class as defined by law. This policy applies
to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring,
benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. Questions or concerns should be referred to The Rivers'
Director of Human Resources. PI191385633
Keywords: Riverview Health, Detroit , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!