Food Service Worker
Company: Genuine Food Lab LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description:ABOUT GENUINE FOODS At Genuine Foods we create
nourishing food environments at schools and workplaces through
great-tasting and wholesome meals, made from genuine ingredients.
We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance
health, productivity and happiness. We believe that fresh,
scratch-made food together with unparalleled service and meaningful
enrichment programs can transform lives and build community. Food
service management is what we do, but what we achieve together with
our customers, our partners and our dedicated team goes beyond the
plate. Mon-Fri Schedule. FT and PT available ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Food Service Worker position will be located at an elementary,
middle, or high school site. The Food Service Worker performs a
variety of job responsibilities including serving food and helping
finish preparing food in accordance with recipe standards and the
USDA National School Lunch compliance. This position will engage
with students, teachers, and parents with superior customer
service, embodying the Genuine way. There are opportunities to
learn culinary skills to advance your career. ESSENTIAL
- Ensure all food being served is up to Genuine Food quality
while following food safety standards at all times.
- Serve food to students and staff with a positive, upbeat
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure all food is ready
and served on time
- Keep all areas cleaned and sanitized
- Stock and organize all areas of the kitchen / serving area to
keep ease of service
- Alert Site Lead or Manager on duty of any issues in a timely
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be flexible & team-oriented!
- Previous food or customer service experience/training in a
mid-high volume food service facility or restaurant.
- Willingness to learn the compliance requirements of the USDA
National School Lunch Program.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and level headedness.
- Punctual and able to adhere to the time and attendance
- Able to climb stairs and lift up 50 lbs.
- Interest in and committed to Genuine Foods' mission to use food
to help students enhance their minds, bodies and happiness.
- Must be able to work in a school environment amongst kids
grades K-12. Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- 401K GENUINE VALUES Trustworthiness: Integrity. Transparency.
Reliability. Consistency. Best quality possible. Delivery
excellence. Personal accountability: Ownership in solving problems.
No excuses. Never compromising. Learn from mistakes. Financial
stewardship of the bottom line (ours and customers'), without
sacrificing quality. People first: Human centered
solutions/approach. Whole person. Teamwork. Hospitality. Every
single person matters. Humanity. Empathy. Meeting people where they
are. Culturally responsive. Entrepreneurial: Adaptable. Nimble. Go
the extra mile. Responsive. Encouraged to try new things. Genuine:
Real, tasty, scratch-cooked healthy food. Strive for the highest
quality, freshest and tastiest product at the price customers can
afford. Authentic interactions. Honest. Positive. Proven.
Keywords: Genuine Food Lab LLC, Detroit , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!