Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Part Time - Days
Posted on: January 25, 2023
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor. -
As a Toledo Hospital Environmental Services Technician, you will
play an essential role in providing a clean and safe facility for
meeting the medical needs of our community. You will actively
participate in serving your friends, relatives and neighbors as
they receive exceptional care at the region's premier medical
facility. You can take pride in knowing you have made a positive
impact on someone's treatment and recovery each workday.
As a ProMedica Toledo Hospital employee you will be eligible for
exciting developmental and advancement opportunities. We strive to
promote within our own ranks and are always searching for the next
great employee to invest in. Those looking to advance their careers
will have access to department certifications, professional
development training and potential promotion to our leadership
team. College scholarships and tuition reimbursement are also
available to our employees looking to further their education.
Our Environmental Services Technicians are responsible for
executing the daily duties required to establish and maintain a
safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing care environment. -While
executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with
patients, visitors, and clinical and non-clinical staff. Great
customer service and a friendly can-do attitude will ensure your
success. Our techs are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and
safety of patient rooms and common areas throughout the Toledo
Hospital campus within the basic principles of environmental
hygiene and infection prevention. The environmental services
technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality,
is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection
prevention and a positive patient experience.
- Responsible for daily occupied and discharge/transfer cleaning
and disinfection of patient rooms, as well as other common areas of
their job assignment such as rest rooms, nurses' stations,
corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas,
kitchens, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
Other assigned areas may include surgery OR's, labor and delivery,
emergency department and other procedural areas. -
- Performs duties while demonstrating working knowledge of the
health care cleaning and disinfecting principles and requirements
as well as proper and safe chemical use.
- Adheres to all organization safety, risk management and
infection control guidelines and standards while promoting a
culture of safety.
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement
initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve
patient experience and cleanliness metrics. -
- Maintains cleaning cart(s), supplies and equipment evidence by
properly stocking and restocking environmental services cart in a
neat and orderly fashion. -
- Removes trash and other waste and transports to the appropriate
disposal area while identifying proper waste streams handling.
- Follows all infection prevention practices (i.e. proper
cleaning and disinfection protocols and process, hand hygiene,
standard & isolation precautions, as well as proper donning and
doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and shows appropriate
respect to co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to ensure
problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all
EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the
- Demonstrates flexibility with regards to daily work assignment
and assigned tasks.
- May be asked to assist with on-boarding and peer-training of
new Environmental Technicians.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and
verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives,
carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to
communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate
exposure to dust and chemicals.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium
weight equipment furniture, etc. and occasionally move or lift
heavy equipment or furniture.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood. -
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. - -Must be able to
move and/or lift material and damp mops or towels weighing up to 10
lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of
the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma desired/preferred.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST)
and/or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (CSCT)
Special Skills/ Equipment:
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile
devices for daily job performance activities.
- Ability to read/write English at 6th-9th grade level
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and
candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members
reciprocate in kind.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - For more
information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Detroit , Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Part Time - Days, Hospitality & Tourism , Erie, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!