Light Duty Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Saint Clair
Posted on: May 27, 2023
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Light Duty Technician for
our shop serving St. Clair County Rd Commission! Wages starting at
$22/hour depending on experience First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States. Why join First as a Light Duty
- $22.50 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Mon - Fri full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Position As a Light Duty Technician with
First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and ensure vehicle
readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Light Duty Technician
- Valid driver's license required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in
company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason. Get your career on the road with First
Vehicle Services! First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and
will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading
integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a
combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have
lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job
opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs. We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Detroit , Light Duty Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Clair, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...