Line Cook, Detroit Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The OpportunityDelaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring a
full-time Line Cook to join our team at Detroit Airport in Detroit,
Michigan. As a Line Cook, you will be responsible for food
preparation and assembling dishes according to recipes and Chef
specifications.PayMinimum pay rate: $17.00 / hourInformation on our
comprehensive benefits package can be found at
https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.BenefitsWe care about
our team members personal and professional well-being. Delaware
North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort,
safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences
for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification
- Follow assignments for opening and closing procedures, as well
as food production.
- Prepare food and beverage products following recipe guidelines,
using proper preparation techniques, and sanitation
- Set up and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Clean equipment properly according to correct procedures.
- Keep workstation clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level
of attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and take directions; work as a
- Basic math skills, with the ability to calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Able to stand for long periods of time including bending,
lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Able to lift 20 pounds or more.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Exposed to variable temperatures.Who We AreServing Detroit area
fliers since 2002, Delaware North provides hospitality retail
services at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Michigan''s
busiest airport, and one of the largest airline hubs in the
country.At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, theres no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Detroit , Line Cook, Detroit Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!