Retail Cashier, Detroit Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The OpportunityDelaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring
full-time and part-time Retail Cashiers to join our team at Detroit
Airport in Detroit, Michigan. As a Retail Cashier, you''ll be
responsible for providing excellent guest service and managing all
transactions accurately and efficiently.PayMinimum pay rate: $15.00
/ hourInformation on our comprehensive benefits package can be
found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.BenefitsWe
care about our team members personal and professional well-being.
Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the
comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional
experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification
- Greets and acknowledges guests, answers their questions and
assists them whenever possible.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts
payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors''
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and
operate point-of-sale system.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled
environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment
subject to climate fluctuations.Who We AreServing Detroit area
fliers since 2002, Delaware North provides hospitality retail
services at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Michigan''s
busiest airport, and one of the largest airline hubs in the
country.At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, theres no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Detroit , Retail Cashier, Detroit Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!