MANAGER, HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE @ Ascension Providence
Company: Compass Group USA
Posted on: October 12, 2018
- We have an opening for a full-time Housekeeping Service Manager position.
- Location: Ascension Providence Novi - 47601 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI 48374 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Second shift, primarily 3:00pm - 11:30pm. Must be able to work every other weekend.
- Requirement: Previous EVS management/supervisory experience is highly preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At TouchPoint, we're all about heart. Compassion at every point of human contact is more than our mission, it's our way of life. We're the exclusive provider of hospitality services to Ascension Health, so our associates are a lifeline to patients, residents and their families. That's why we're looking for bright and diverse people to join our family. From housekeeping, food and nutrition services to patient transportation and valet parking, we provide the hospitality that leads to healing. If you're ready to make a difference, join us!
Full time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Housekeeping Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the successful operation and customer service of the EVS/housekeeping department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Participates in recruitment and staff selection process.
- Assists with housekeeper scheduling.
- Assigns established work areas and or project duties.
- Plans and coordinates project work.
- Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings, development and training courses.
- Provides and monitors individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Participates in facility Quality Assurance Program as required.
- Works with chemicals on a constant basis requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
- Assigns equipment to staff; monitors daily equipment use, cleaning and maintenance.
- Ensures that all equipment is clean and professional in appearance at all times.
- Assists housekeepers on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of support services, military, housekeeping, and/or facilities maintenance experience.
- 1 or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions.
- CRCST or any other applicable sterile processing certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.--Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.--*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 219160
Keywords: Compass Group USA, Detroit , MANAGER, HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE @ Ascension Providence, Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!