Quality Assurance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Pinnacle Foods
Location: Imlay City
Posted on: January 15, 2019
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - 2ND SHIFT
Location US-MI-Imlay City
At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results* Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of \\"Leadership\\" and \\"Foundation\\" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Direct, coordinate and schedule the activities of QA personnel to proactively respond to plant production needs
* Develop and deliver technical and quality training to support needs of plant personnel and technicians. Maintain generated records of training
* Develop and/or assist in developing quality programs and procedures as required. Maintain and administer plant programs and procedures, along with auditing and evaluating plant operation to ensure the production of safe and wholesome products
* Participation in corporate-driven projects, tests, reports and data collection
* Anticipate and solve quality-related issues through logical risk assessments, to include evaluation of ingredients, materials, process, and finished products
* Communicate with Quality Assurance Manager on a continuous basis relative to the status of quality, sanitation, and product quality and food safety in manufacturing
* Maintain plant Hold and Release program; assure any and all non-conforming (or suspect non-conforming) product or equipment is identified, segregated and handled according to direction of Quality Assurance Manager
* Assist in the hiring, training and supervising of staff as authorized
* Participate in all internal and external audits relative to the Quality Assurance Department
* Ensure laboratory operations are conducted in accordance with OSHA regulation and regularly participate in plant safety programs
* Assure compliance to, and participate in the inspection, testing and evaluation of raw materials, work in progress materials and finished products while maintaining proper records of results
* Assist in providing a properly equipped and supplied laboratory including the standardization of instruments, compliance with approved methodologies used for chemical analysis
* Ensure proper maintenance and compliance to documented Standard Work; identify and address any non-conformances found
* Ensure department operates within established budgetary constraints
* Assist in developing reporting systems and key performance indicators that will keep the Quality Assurance Manager apprised of plant performance against quality objectives
* Provide technical expertise regarding GMPs, HACCP and Quality systems services to management team to help resolve product, production and/or process-related issues
* Assist in maintaining plant Quality System, Consumer Complaint and GMP audit corrective action process
* Assist in implementing and maintaining plant and corporate Quality Assurance Manuals and SQF 2000 system
* Keep management informed of the status of QA issues impacting production and product deployment
* Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate
* This position provides direct leadership for the QA personnel.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Bachelor of Science Food Science or related discipline required
* 1-3 years of Quality Assurance supervisory experience preferred, but entry level candidates with internship and/or working experience will be considered
* Experience with leading Sanitation/Quality programs i.e. ATP, Environmental and Finish Goods Testing, etc. is preferred
* SQF and HACCP certified is preferred
* Experience with FDA, USDA Regulations
* Demonstrated hands on management experience is preferred
* Experience working in a food manufacturing environment is preferred
* Experience working with a diverse group of people
* Experience with Statistical Process Control and Continuous Improvement is preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
* Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems
* Strong computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes
* Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions. Ability to work with others to identify opportunities
* Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
* Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
* Managing and budgeting, plan on budget spending and maintain waste elimination programs
* Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful. Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
* Influence seniors, peers, and subordinates in correct application of QA systems and procedures.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.
Keywords: Pinnacle Foods, Detroit , Quality Assurance Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Imlay City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!