Shift Manager - Mechanical Maintenance - Iron Producing (#CLE18-610-005)
Company: ArcelorMittal USA
Posted on: March 26, 2019
The Shift Manager - Mechanical Maintenance is responsible for
promoting a positive work culture by being a role model for
communication, safety, teamwork and education. This position
manages the mechanical maintenance activity to improve equipment
reliability while controlling cost and maintaining asset value for
the Iron Producing Division.
This position is responsible for the following:
* Maintenance and reliability of equipment within their area and
* The training and evaluation of the bargained-for employees under
* Ensuring that all maintenance and repair activity are in
compliance with OSHA and
* plant safety standards.
* Reviewing the day-to-day maintenance and operating
* Prioritizing the activities of the bargained for employees in
their area of responsibility.
* Writing specifications, upgrading and improving the design of
* The development of shift reports for maintenance activities.
* Directing and assigning the jobs or tasks to the bargained for
* Coordinate work activities with contractors as required.
* Understands, communicates, and enforces company and department
* Available for domestic and international travel as required (not
* On-Call 24/7. Shift work may be required.
* Weekend coverage will be required.
Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology or 5
years equivalent applicable work experience.
Three (3) years of maintenance experience in an industrial or heavy
manufacturing environment. 3 years demonstrated experience with
hydraulics, pneumatics, water systems, utilities, and mechanical
equipment. Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience
with EOT crane inspection/repair.
Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology with at
least 3 years experience in an industrial or heavy manufacturing
Familiar with PLC s / controls. Seven (7) years of experience in an
industrial environment, preferably a steel plant, preferably a
union facility with five (5) years experience in a supervisory role
in maintenance. Blast Furnace maintenance experience desired.
ArcelorMittal is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send
an e-mail to CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com, call 1-(312)
899-3097, or call ArcelorMittal Cleveland, Human Resources at (216)
429-6224 and let us know the nature of your request and your
contact information. Do not email your application materials to
this email address. Application materials sent to this email
address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: ArcelorMittal USA, Detroit , Shift Manager - Mechanical Maintenance - Iron Producing (#CLE18-610-005), Hospitality & Tourism , Cleveland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!