Company: Independence Village
Location: White Lake
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Overview Line Cook Independence Village of White Lake As a Cook,
you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to
menus, recipes, and planned residents or guests. Required
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required Primary Responsibilities
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests, and
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing
- Ensure that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicate with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensure freshness, cooking status, and proper seasoning of all
- Stock and clean station for next shift.
- Follow proper food rotation policies.
- Each Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights and
ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity, and
well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work
practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management,
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to
ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present a professional appearance by wearing uniform and name
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that supports a team
- Promotion of positive public relations with residents, family
members, and guests. Serving is our Business Connecting Seniors,
Families and Communities StoryPoint and Independence Village have
over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors
creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires.
It's this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation,
and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special
for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our
communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals
who deserve to shine, every day. 1440 Culture Not Just Making Every
Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in
every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional
moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple
pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable,
Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet
unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with
every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day. It
begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every
level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader.
Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other
above everything else. No one here just "does their job" The
mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis
on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the
right reasons. We have developed an environment that attracts
dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek
career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
biggest ideas. We have comprehensive benefit packages that include
health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and
extraordinary work-life benefits. This classification description
is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of
work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor
to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under
her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not
mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty. Equal
Opportunity Employer Click on glassdoor to see our employee
Keywords: Independence Village, Detroit , Cook PT, Hospitality & Tourism , White Lake, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!