Human Resource Residency
Company: Wayne RESA
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Special Education/Teacher - Autistically Impaired
The Dearborn Academy
- Dearborn Academy - website - -Additional Information:
The Dearborn Academy, a K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking Elementary and Middle School Special
Education Teachers with Autism Endorsment. The Dearborn Academy's
mission is to serve a multicultural community through
individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to
achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Special Education teachers are responsible for ensuring that
student with special needs.
Position Specific Responsibilities
* Participate in the Development and implementation of IEPs.
* Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for
individual students under his/her tutelage.
* Assist individual students.
* Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
* Implement the assigned program of study.
* Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
* Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that
increase student learning and maximize time on task.
* Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional
objectives and goals.
* Communicate effectively within the educational community and with
parents on a regular basis.
* Maintain accurate knowledge of special education rules and
* Develop daily individualized lesson plans.
* Supervise, direct, and train all special education
* Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree from an accredited college or
* Endorsement with a Special Education (Emotionally Impaired/
Autism/Cognitive Impairment/Learning Disabilities/ Physical
Education for students with disabilities/ Speech and Language
Impairment, and/or Visual Impairment)
* Elementary/ Middle Level Teacher Certification
* Two years of teaching experience in servicing children and
adolescents and an ability to effectively interact and collaborate
with professionals, parents, and students.
* Experience with elementary/middle programs dependent on area of
* Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area,
or Minor and Passed MTTC exam)
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct
check as required by School Safety Legislation
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Keywords: Wayne RESA, Detroit , Human Resource Residency, Human Resources , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!