STAFF NURSE TEMP: Central Staffing Resources (Specialty Cluster Kellog
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: October 12, 2018
How to Apply This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of three (3) Staff Nurse Temp Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Job Summary This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and services KEC PACU
Wage: $55.00/hr. base rate
Evening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour
Night Shift Differential is $ 3.00 per hour
Weekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
*This posting replaces job #158550.
Responsibilities* Include but not limited to providing direct patient care to ophthalmic adolescent/adult ambulatory surgical populations: maintaining airway, vital signs, monitoring EKG, pain management. Care is inclusive of entire perioperative experience. This staff member will rotate between the Pre-op area, Phase I and Phase II recovery. Provide patient/family education. Family centered care is provided through collaboration with all members of the health care team in order to meet the specialized care requirements of the ophthalmic population. Participate with health team members for problem solving in area management. Candidate must be highly motivated to provide excellent care and patient advocacy. The person selected will actively participate as a member of a collaborative health team that maintains orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients through their recovery from surgery.
Nursing Specific Info Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at .
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 2 years of PACU (Phase I required within 3yrs)
- ACLS and PALS Certification
- Experience with airway management.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and apply nursing judgment to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates consistent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and department based competencies within an established time frame.
- Ability to meet functional job requirements. RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- BSN preferred
- Experience as a float RN
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth. Work Schedule *Commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling block*
Shifts: Day shifts are available; Hours: As needed by unit
Location: Kellogg Eye Center
Expected to float to like units where competent and qualified
Inability to work for (3) months consecutively leads to automatic termination from employment
No guarantee of work at any time. Shifts can and sometimes will be cancelled.
Additional Information TEMPORARY FLOAT NURSE GUIDELINES
1). All CSR employees are required to attend an annual educational Blitz to complete required
UM mandatories and compentencies (BCLS every 2 yrs, Cardiac Arrest and maintain all
other applicable certifications).
2). Temporary Float Nurses are expected to work all shifts requested unless no work is
available. It is the intention that all Temps will float to all units within the cluster speciality.
3). A Temporary Nurse should work 24 hours per 4 week schedule block. You may request four
(4), eight (8), or twelve (12) hours shifts in advance.
4.) Temporary Nurses in the CSR Clusters are NOT required to work weekends or holidays.
5). Temporary Nurses will participate in a newly designed, streamlined, onboarding/orientation
program. However, the progression of orientation will be dependent upon clinical
competency, staffing needs of the individual units, and the number of hours worked by the
Additional Information This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Background Screening Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Selection Process Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Detroit , STAFF NURSE TEMP: Central Staffing Resources (Specialty Cluster Kellog, Human Resources , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!