Engineering Systems Administrator
Company: Magna International
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Number: 15737 Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
Division: Autosystems America, Inc. Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Plymouth Group DescriptionThe Mechatronics, Mirrors and
Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are
driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge
to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions
systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's
expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
- Perform data translations to and from IGES, STEP, NX and
- Perform data transfers to and from customers and
- Train, consult and implement effective product information
administrative systems for the development and maintenance of key
product related documents including drawings, best practices and
- Set guidelines for document control through the development
phase of all programs.
- Establish guidelines and manage data control (from assigning
part numbers to organizing data within the electronic system),
internally and externally.
- Effective training and mentoring of engineering systems for all
personnel within Magna Lighting.
- Consult and mentor when necessary specifications and content of
drawings and prints.
- Establish and update document content of engineering
procedures, work instructions and supporting documents.
- Help the quality system administrator with interpretation of
specifications and the APQP documentation within Magna
- Facilitate training as it pertains to the Product Development
team and other departments as applicable.
- Able to travel and manage flexible work schedule
- Assist in the development or modifications to the Magna
Lighting Document Library.
- Monitor and maintain product information systems.
- Develop and maintain clear and concise documentation such as
bills of material, compliance reports/letters and part number
- Administer databases, i.e. Engineering Change, Specifications
and Lessons Learned.
- Maintain the Parts Database with respect to part numbers, IMDS
and engineering changes.
- Monitor and update IMDS database. Key
- 2-3 years of post-secondary school (Community College or
- 2-3 years of experience in Engineering and/or Technical role,
with leadership exposure
- Enovia experience is required
- A strong understanding of Engineering, Manufacturing and
- Microsoft computer application experience/proficiency,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience using NX, CATIA and Team center. Special
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate with
customers, suppliers and other members of our operations
effectively both verbally and written
- Able to manage and develop team members
- Recognition of cost initiatives
- Ability to learn new computer programs and to modify and
implement within Magna Lighting databases
- Willingness and ability to take on tasks outside or
responsibility set when required
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with suppliers and
various departments within Magna
- Organization of records, time, priority setting, deadlines
- Self-motivated, ability to initiate and follow tasks through to
completion Physical Demands Physical Demands - Normal amount of
sitting and standing; Ability to move around an office environment
and on the production floor; Ability to work at a computer
workstation; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required to carry
out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may
include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or
temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.
Keywords: Magna International, Detroit , Engineering Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!