Corrosion Technical Data Specialist
Company: DTE Energy
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies.
Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and
Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's
largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner,
healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving
communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer
renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy
services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE
is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other
and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth
and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part
of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and
values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to
make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together,
we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Microsoft Access Testing
Works within Corrosion Control team
to identify develop, utilize and deliver data sets, maps, charts,
forms, reports and other exhibits relevant to the management of
corrosion data for code compliance and Corrosion Control program
needs. Utilizes GIS applications and other databases including MS
Access and ESRI/Oracle to edit, analyze and manage GIS data.
Interfaces with IT, Integrity Management, Planning & Design, GIS
Designers (mapping personnel), and owners of data collection
processes for database extracts from ESRI.
- Utilizes ESRI's GIS software and other applications to: a.
Analyze, manage and extract GIS data b. Identify and understand
variables in a given geographic region c. Recommend
solution/actions in response to GIS and corrosion data
- Uses Cartographic techniques to produce and provide maps and
graphical representations of data.
- Works with data owners to update scorecard metrics and prepare
Corrosion Control regulatory reports.
- Provides support and assistance in the training of field
personnel on data collection and reporting.
- Supports efforts to update ESRI and other systems that support
corrosion control program data management.
- Uses appropriate reporting tools and applications to modify and
create reports, run queries, and provide input and expertise in the
development of business case documentation.
- Uses a continuous improvement approach to push technical
limits/finding new solutions.
- Works in conjunction with Corrosion Control technicians, GIS
technicians and analysts, IT Technicians, planning and design
groups, and GIS designers (mapping personnel).
- Supports efforts to update ESRI with data obtained from
corrosion control work and provides various forms of data analysis
as needed; works on other necessary data and system upgrades as
well as functional, unit, regression, system and interface tests to
support Corrosion Control program data management.
- Recommends and makes modifications and enhancements to the
- Develops and maintains data process flow relating to
small-scale or workgroup-level geographic systems (GIS)
applications and various databases including MS Access and
ESRI/Oracle; creates spatial analysis and linking
- Recommends and/or creates simple processes and scripts for
importing data from multiple sources including data collected in
the field via MDT and/or GPS.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Information
Management Systems or Engineering and one or more years' experience
in editing, analyzing or managing GIS data
- Strong working knowledge of ESRI
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong programming knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Working knowledge of Business Objects (Crystal
- Familiarity with GIS system applications for natural gas piping
- Must be competent in the use of ESRI GIS software including the
- Must be familiar with a variety of GIS concepts, practices, and
procedures to support planning and management studies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
Suite software including Microsoft Access and Power BI
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills consistent
with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of
alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various
- Must have a basic understanding of the concepts behind data
management in a relational database and/or industry data model
- Must have development skills in Oracle or a related relational
database management system (RDBMS)
- Must be familiar with Michigan's geographical coordinates
systems and be able to interpret legal descriptions (e.g in cases
of property boundaries, etc)
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills;
communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities
and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies
cited in this description depending upon the organization and role
to which they are assigned. This description is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by
incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list
of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to
limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to
assign, direct and control the work of employees under their
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace
where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek
individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our
communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Keywords: DTE Energy, Detroit , Corrosion Technical Data Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Melvindale, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!