Posted on: November 22, 2021
CNC Programmer Location: Plymouth, MI DIRECT HIRE Position
Summary As the resident technical expert on CNC programming,
machining and processes, you will leverage your experience,
know-how, high energy and great communication skills to support all
areas of our 16,000 square foot temperature-controlled, bright and
clean Manufacturing Center. Your time will be spent working closely
with our twelve machinists, fabricators and production team members
to write/refine programs, perform set-up operations and develop and
lead solid clean processes for our specialized suite of components
for the motorsports and marine industry. Reporting to the
Manufacturing Center Manager, you will be the technical leader and
influencer. This position does not have direct reports with
managerial responsibilities, and instead has the responsibility for
delivering high quality technical deliverables, coaching and
mentoring. Essential Job Functions
- Create CNC programs using CAM software to program 3D models,
tool path simulation, etc.
- Post program, tool setup instruction, and tool library updates
as new tools are introduced to our Manufacturing Center, etc.
- Use skills in Print Reading, GD&T, Tool Selection, Speeds &
Feeds, jigging, and fixturing to create part manufacturing
- Evaluate existing CNC programs, fixtures, tooling, and
machining processes periodically. Identify and implement process
improvements to optimize quality, productivity, and cost.
- Evaluate externally purchased parts for opportunities to
machine in house. Assist in the selection of insource projects, and
develop the processes to machine internally.
- Maintain expert knowledge of machining industry best practices.
Implement best practices when applicable.
- Perform training related to CNC programming, process
development, and machine operation
- Collaborate with development engineers, suppliers and
- Work alongside Production Engineer as jobs are being
- Work alongside CMM operator/quality department to ensure parts
are manufactured to specified tolerances. Adjust program as needed
through the life of such program.
- Work alongside our Engineering team to ensure finish parts meet
quality and functionality criteria as expected.
- Work alongside CNC programmers who are hired as Independent
Contractors to generate programs to be ran in our manufacturing
- Work alongside Machine Operators to ensure finished parts meet
quality and functionality criteria as expected.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
and follow prescribed safety procedures. Required Qualifications
- Passion for motorsports and boating.
- 3+ years of recent experience in programming & setup of 3 to 5
axis CNC milling and turning equipment.
- 3+ years of experience in developing manufacturing and
production processes for machined components.
- Knowledgeable in work holding, fixturing and cutting tool
selection and specification.
- Excited and energized to implement new technologies and
techniques to continuously improve timing and quality of parts
- Great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment with significant
autonomy and freedom.
- Enjoys teaching, coaching and developing apprentices. Desired
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in related field
- Any automotive certifications.
- ISO/Quality system experience a plus.
- Experience with Matsuura, Haas, Fadal and Mazak equipment
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. Why Kelly -- ? Your engineering skills are in demand,
but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly-- Engineering,
our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can
learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your
skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety
and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for
something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find
your dream engineering job. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always
thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading
advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we
provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Detroit , CNC Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!