Battery Systems Technical Expert
Company: Ti Fluid Systems
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: January 16, 2022
TI Fluid Systems are looking for a Technical Expert in Li-Ion and
battery system technology with specific knowledge in battery
design, operation and thermal management for PHEV and BEV based
vehicle architectures.The Battery Systems Technical Expert will
work in our global advanced engineering team, developing but also
leading TI Fluid Systems future battery systems-based thermal
management product and process portfolio, ensuring program
readiness on time, on spec, on costs, from initial concept to
successful serial production.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide and develop TI Fluid Systems global expertise on
battery technologies with focus on PHEV and BEV, from system down
to component level including its functional breakdown.
- Screen global battery system technology-based market and
convert it into a TI Fluid Systems-specific technology
- Benchmark battery system technologies with focus on thermal
- Evolve global understanding of different battery technologies
(technology, costs, strategy).
- Identify future product opportunities for TI Fluid
- Lead technical meetings with our global customers to actively
market and support new battery related technologies, including
alignment on product requirements.
- Interface with research institutions, universities, and other
battery experts to support TI Fluid Systems battery strategy.
- Support development of future manufacturing technology.
- Development and implementation of battery system-based thermal
prototype build, test & validation activity.
- Actively publicize TI Fluid Systems thermal management systems
approach to customers, partners, suppliers, and the industry.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
- Expertise in battery systems design and operation
- Expertise in battery thermal management solutions and physical
- Knowledge or expertise in vehicle coolant and refrigerant
systems and their interaction and influence on battery
- A creative and intuitive mindset
- Ability to lead team in a new complex solution approach
- Ability to learn and teach others on battery technology
- Ability to manage programs, meeting the objectives
- Ability to implement remedial actions and plans to address
- Excellent customer interaction, communication and team
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Team player with ability to support a team goal
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills and related simulation
- Knowledge of polymer material processing and development
- Knowledge of materials used in the thermal management systems
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSME or related engineering degree (electrical engineering or
- 8-10 years engineering experience, at least 3-5 years of
experience with Li-Ion battery based electrified vehicle
- Fluent in English
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:1. Valid drivers
Keywords: Ti Fluid Systems, Detroit , Battery Systems Technical Expert, IT / Software / Systems , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!